Rookie in Competitive League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rookie in Competitive League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rookie in Competitive League

Postby umarz21 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Chaoyi Shih wrote:despite Wayne's value drop, but looking at you benches, you really don't have a choice
However, good news is, your opponent have Bolding against Pitts, probably won't gain much points neither.

try pick Amendola from waiver, probably your best WR substitute for Wayne. Knox is still not starter, even he obviously had better pre-season performance than Roy Williams (i don't understand).
AJ Green...well, can you really trust Cin QB?

Actually, i think Best is the best for your current flex. Despite how NFL, yahoo, ESPN projection says. (extremely high points for Benson and F. Jackson

I would go Best, F.Jackson, Benson for week 1 Flex position in that order. but don't kick yourself if you started the less-point flex
i never expect James Starks to get that much points yesterday, and he is on my BN.
it's more important to see who will be the better flex in later week

Who do you think I should drop for Amendola? I was thinking about picking him up as a backup. AJ Green I kept because he is really only solid receiver on cinci squad. I agree Knox should be the starter! Hopefully in a few weeks, he can prove that.

Also I will go ahead with Best and be patient and see how things go, and then switch up to Benson or F. Jackson. Will also have to consider what kind of defense each is facing.

Do you think I have a good shot against this guy? He had the # 1 pick in the draft. Would be great to beat him to start the season.
umarz21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:35 pm

probably drop D.Driver for Amendola. I do have to admit that i don't know much about D.Driver, but just from yesterday's game and his 2010 record, i really don't see how he can benefit your team. (Starks surprised me though, on the other hand, Grant disappointed me)

you should look for potential player, that could possibly do better than Wayne without Manning, not someone safe, otherwise, just keep Wayne as starter through out the season

i think you could have a good fight against #1 team.

I like Big Ben and i am a pittsburgher, however, Ben just don't gain much points. I think Ben will lead Steeler to win and he is a key QB for Steeler, it's just in the world of fantasy football, points are all given to Wallace and Mendenhall.
most of the time, Mendenhall keep running 1st and 2nd, Ben make some throw to Wallace on 2nd or 3rd, when it's in Red Zone, it's all Mendenhall running (that's how Mendenhall got 2nd most TD in 2010, 1st is Foster)

Boldin is not gonna have a good week too, they are playing against Pit, and that's gonna cripple his score.

Charles and CJohnson is just, you know, elite player in regular week.

Holmes will do well by seeing how he and Sanchez connect in camp (how lovely), and Holmes is a really good WR and despite how much i love Ward, ideal Steeler team should be Wallace+Holmes.

if it's for me to choose, i'll probably choose your team (just for week1 though)
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby umarz21 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Chaoyi Shih wrote:probably drop D.Driver for Amendola. I do have to admit that i don't know much about D.Driver, but just from yesterday's game and his 2010 record, i really don't see how he can benefit your team. (Starks surprised me though, on the other hand, Grant disappointed me)

you should look for potential player, that could possibly do better than Wayne without Manning, not someone safe, otherwise, just keep Wayne as starter through out the season

i think you could have a good fight against #1 team.

I like Big Ben and i am a pittsburgher, however, Ben just don't gain much points. I think Ben will lead Steeler to win and he is a key QB for Steeler, it's just in the world of fantasy football, points are all given to Wallace and Mendenhall.
most of the time, Mendenhall keep running 1st and 2nd, Ben make some throw to Wallace on 2nd or 3rd, when it's in Red Zone, it's all Mendenhall running (that's how Mendenhall got 2nd most TD in 2010, 1st is Foster)

Boldin is not gonna have a good week too, they are playing against Pit, and that's gonna cripple his score.

Charles and CJohnson is just, you know, elite player in regular week.

Holmes will do well by seeing how he and Sanchez connect in camp (how lovely), and Holmes is a really good WR and despite how much i love Ward, ideal Steeler team should be Wallace+Holmes.

if it's for me to choose, i'll probably choose your team (just for week1 though)

Thanks for the advice, I did really well (111-78) the first week!! Wayne & AJ came through, as well as Benson and Forte being great surprises.

Mendenhall & Pettigrew were a bit disappointing, is it worth dropping Pettigrew for Hernandez from Pats, as he gets more TDs? Also Amendola is injured for awhile, should I just stick it out with Driver? I think for now I will stay put, and study on which RBs to start, whether to give Fred Jackson or Best will be my only big decision. Bench receivers looked half way decent week 1, AJ Green was most impressive with 10 points.

Advice on TE would be great!
umarz21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:55 pm

congratz on your week1 victory
Yes, pittsburgh is disappointing, one of my team had Mendenhall and Gore, which 2 RB give total of 9 points...mend 2, gore 7, and i lost the game by 2 points.. (136 vs 138)

drop Amendola for sure, try grab one of these new week 1 stars like Newton, Fitzpatrick.
i don't think Schaub is bad QB, however, in 10 teams league, there's at least 5 team that has better QB than you, Rodger, Vick, Brady, Brees, Rivers (ok, he isn't so hot on week1). and possibly Romo and Ryan, so your starting QB is around no.6~no.8, meaning your QB is worse than most of other team's QB.

Newton and Fitzpatrick will give you a chance to cover this weakness.
They both showed good performance on week 1, and Newton is like mini-Vick.
i am not too high on Henne, i would only pick him from waiver if Newton and Fitzpatrick are taken, but i think week 1 is probably his peak in 2011.

i like Hernandez more than Pettigrew, however, NE is going split TE between Hernandez and Gronkowski, NE have so many throwing option, you can never be sure who will be the top WR/TE. (same thing with D.Henderson, good bench, but too many WR in Saints)

if you want change Pettigrew for some other TE, you can post what TE you have on FA, something like Hernandez, F.Davis, D.Keller would work. however, Pettigrew should have decent game on week 2 against KC.

i think you have strong team, going to playoff shouldn't be hard as long as your player don't bust too hard (damn steeler)
but definitely work on getting potential QB
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby umarz21 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Chaoyi Shih wrote:congratz on your week1 victory
Yes, pittsburgh is disappointing, one of my team had Mendenhall and Gore, which 2 RB give total of 9 points...mend 2, gore 7, and i lost the game by 2 points.. (136 vs 138)

drop Amendola for sure, try grab one of these new week 1 stars like Newton, Fitzpatrick.
i don't think Schaub is bad QB, however, in 10 teams league, there's at least 5 team that has better QB than you, Rodger, Vick, Brady, Brees, Rivers (ok, he isn't so hot on week1). and possibly Romo and Ryan, so your starting QB is around no.6~no.8, meaning your QB is worse than most of other team's QB.

Newton and Fitzpatrick will give you a chance to cover this weakness.
They both showed good performance on week 1, and Newton is like mini-Vick.
i am not too high on Henne, i would only pick him from waiver if Newton and Fitzpatrick are taken, but i think week 1 is probably his peak in 2011.

i like Hernandez more than Pettigrew, however, NE is going split TE between Hernandez and Gronkowski, NE have so many throwing option, you can never be sure who will be the top WR/TE. (same thing with D.Henderson, good bench, but too many WR in Saints)

if you want change Pettigrew for some other TE, you can post what TE you have on FA, something like Hernandez, F.Davis, D.Keller would work. however, Pettigrew should have decent game on week 2 against KC.

i think you have strong team, going to playoff shouldn't be hard as long as your player don't bust too hard (damn steeler)
but definitely work on getting potential QB

Dude 136 v 138 !!!! Thats heartbreaking.

I never picked up Amendola, stuck to Driver, so safe on that for now. I agree that Schaub is a downer around No. 6-8. I will give him another week and see how it goes because he had a decent year last year, I can try for a Schaub, Fred Jackson, AJ Green Package for a solid QB starter, but I think its a bit too early to go for that. However, people would be high on AJ and Jackson after their Week 1 performances.

I agree on the TE situation, thats my dilemma, NE is so lethal with their TEs, you never know who will win the battle and grab more TDs, just seems like Hernandez is a more go to guy for Brady in the end zone. I see him edging Gronkowski. Here is a list of other TEs that are on the FA list: Cooley, Keller, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Cellek, Heath Miller, Ben Watson, Fred Davis.

I look forward to week 2 for mend, he should come back strong!
umarz21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:15 am

To be safe, you can keep Hernandez or Gronkowski, at best they can probably get you around 10-15pts, at worst they should still have around 5pts, just depends on who's Brady's favorite on week 2.

Fred Davis and Chris Cooley is similar to Hernandez and Gronkowski, washington will keep split TE (coach obviously don't play fantasy football..)

Dustin Keller should be decent TE in week 2, despite Sanchez is no where close to Brady, but at least you know there's no split, either he catch it, or he fail.

i'll go Hernandez or D.Keller.

or you can try H.Miller for week 2, but i just have a feeling with week1's embarrassment+home game, Ben might keep throwing at Wallace or let Mend run the ball.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby umarz21 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Chaoyi Shih wrote:To be safe, you can keep Hernandez or Gronkowski, at best they can probably get you around 10-15pts, at worst they should still have around 5pts, just depends on who's Brady's favorite on week 2.

Fred Davis and Chris Cooley is similar to Hernandez and Gronkowski, washington will keep split TE (coach obviously don't play fantasy football..)

Dustin Keller should be decent TE in week 2, despite Sanchez is no where close to Brady, but at least you know there's no split, either he catch it, or he fail.

i'll go Hernandez or D.Keller.

or you can try H.Miller for week 2, but i just have a feeling with week1's embarrassment+home game, Ben might keep throwing at Wallace or let Mend run the ball.

I lost this week by 2 points, 83 v. 85. Benson & Pettigrew were the most disappointing of all. I think I will be dropping Pettigrew for Aaron Hernandez, atleast he can pick up some points for the TDs he catches.

Also will need to do more research on the oppositions for next week as Best and Fred Jackson both killed it with 20+ points, but they were both on the bench. Going forward perhaps I should start Best at Flex, and hope that Bears defense shows up, cause 3 points from them was not enough, feel so stupid losing.
umarz21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:08 pm

i have played on NFL, ESPN and Yahoo, therefore, i always compare their projected points and find the neutral one, i also check Vegas odds line before i decide who would i put on bench.

For example, i see PIT has -14 against SEA, therefore i know even Vegas is thinking PIT will kill SEA (even though, it's pretty obvious), therefore Wallace, Mendenhall is no brainer, and people with Antonio Brown is screaming.
Another example is NYJ -9, Vegas is saying Jet will have advantage over Jac, then putting MJD may not be the best options

try to grab projection from multi-sources, it really helps and that's why i put D.Henderson on WR3 and F.Jackson on flex when there's better WR and RB on my bench, not because i am football pro or anything, it's because i gather information and projection from different sources and find the most reliable one.

however, Yahoo, ESPN, NFL and Vegas are all just references, do not trust them 100%, but do take their project into consideration then make your final judge based on your nut feeling.

so far i find NFL give me better projection than ESPN and Yahoo.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Roster Ratings