10-Team ESPN League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10-Team ESPN League

Moderator: Football Moderators

10-Team ESPN League

Postby GreatGoku » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Standard scoring, I completely forgot about the draft, and got most of my roster auto-drafted for me. But I'm kind of happy with the results.

QB: Matt Schaub (HOU)
RB: Arian Foster (HOU)
RB: Chris Johnson (TEN)
RB/WR: Matt Forte (CHI)
WR: Miles Austin (DAL)
WR: Marques Colston (NO)
TE: Vernon Davis (SF)
D/ST: Atlanta
K: Josh Brown (STL)

Bench:
RB: Cedric Benson (CIN)
RB: James Stark (GB)
RB: Pierre Thomas (NO)
RB: Brandon Jacobs (NYG)
WR: Roy Williams (CHI)
WR: Jerome Simpson (CIN)
QB: Donovan McNabb (MIN)
GreatGoku
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10-Team ESPN League

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:39 pm

I have no idea how Chris Johnson fell into the late second, even with his situation being in doubt up until this morning, but your RP corps is ridiculous with Forte as your RB3 and Benson and Co. after that. Your WRs are a bit thin in comparison as I don't like Colston or Simpson much (on the fence with Williams), but you got a legit No. 1 in Austin to go with your elite RBs, and considering you can get away with starting 3 RBs and only 2 WRs there's no real problem there. You snagged solid-usable guys at all other positions as well, and even under the assumption that you're in a league filled with complete morons I'd give you a 9.3/10 in vacuum regardless ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatGoku » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:41 pm

The really surprising part is I was like 8th or 9th to pick. So I have no idea how Foster fell to me either. It was kind of ridiculous though, 3 QBs went in the first round I think.
GreatGoku
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:47 pm

GreatGoku wrote:The really surprising part is I was like 8th or 9th to pick. So I have no idea how Foster fell to me either. It was kind of ridiculous though, 3 QBs went in the first round I think.

So you got Foster at like 1.08 and Johnson at 2.03? Man, that's a LITTLE less nuts, but I think your league was incredibly too risk-averse and you capitalized for sure. Also, that means you got Forte in the late 3rd and Austin in the early 4th? Very well done ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:52 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
GreatGoku wrote:The really surprising part is I was like 8th or 9th to pick. So I have no idea how Foster fell to me either. It was kind of ridiculous though, 3 QBs went in the first round I think.

So you got Foster at like 1.08 and Johnson at 2.03? Man, that's a LITTLE less nuts, but I think your league was incredibly too risk-averse and you capitalized for sure. Also, that means you got Forte in the late 3rd and Austin in the early 4th? Very well done ;-D

Or in other words too many wusses in your league. I would have jumped on Foster or CJ and NEVER thought twice about it. They are both going to play people. And remember this is a marathon not a sprint.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Roster Ratings