Rivers vs. Vikings or Ryan v. Bears - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Rivers vs. Vikings or Ryan v. Bears

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rivers vs. Vikings or Ryan v. Bears

Postby markscott273 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:44 pm

I'm leaning toward Ryan. Here's my roster if that helps

Starters
QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Tim Hightower
WR/RB: Marques Colston
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Percy Harvin
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Josh Brown
D/ST: Eagles

Bench
QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Ronnie Brown
RB: Delone Carter
RB: Danny Woodhead
WR: Danny Amendola
WR: Antonio Brown
TE: Lance Kendricks
Last edited by markscott273 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markscott273
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rivers vs. Steelers or Ryan v. Bears

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:04 pm

Until they prove otherwise, the Steelers can't stop the pass, and considering Rivers is a more elite QB anyway he's your starter until further notice. If I remember correctly, the Bears have been pretty brutal against opposing QBs in the past couple of years, so I think it's actually pretty clear cut in Rivers' favor ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Rivers vs. Vikings or Ryan v. Bears

Postby markscott273 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:10 pm

I was looking at the wrong player! D'OH! Rivers is playing against the Vikings. I'm leaning toward Rivers again.
markscott273
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:16 pm

markscott273 wrote:I was looking at the wrong player! D'OH! Rivers is playing against the Vikings. I'm leaning toward Rivers again.

Either way, I'd start him :-]

That did sound weird though, cause I knew in the back of my mind the Steelers were playing someone else O:-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bisklimpkit » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Ryan is a good QB, but he doesn't hold a candle to Rivers. I'd look to trade Ryan for another RB2 and pick up a QB off of waivers to fill in on Rivers' bye week. That's the only time he should see your bench.
bisklimpkit
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Golden Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 132)

Postby markscott273 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:41 pm

bisklimpkit wrote:Ryan is a good QB, but he doesn't hold a candle to Rivers. I'd look to trade Ryan for another RB2 and pick up a QB off of waivers to fill in on Rivers' bye week. That's the only time he should see your bench.

I've tried to trade Ryan for a strong RB2 but I haven't had any bites. At least Matt Ryan plays Carolina during Rivers' bye week
markscott273
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 pm

markscott273 wrote:
bisklimpkit wrote:Ryan is a good QB, but he doesn't hold a candle to Rivers. I'd look to trade Ryan for another RB2 and pick up a QB off of waivers to fill in on Rivers' bye week. That's the only time he should see your bench.

I've tried to trade Ryan for a strong RB2 but I haven't had any bites. At least Matt Ryan plays Carolina during Rivers' bye week

Selling QBs, especially early on before people panic and realize they're screwed, is pretty hard nowadays. The way to do this deal IMO is to package the QB and then either and RB or WR with him to upgrade your starter at a position. Just too hard to get and RB2-type for a QB2 - not going to happen more often than not ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby markscott273 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:55 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
markscott273 wrote:

Selling QBs, especially early on before people panic and realize they're screwed, is pretty hard nowadays. The way to do this deal IMO is to package the QB and then either and RB or WR with him to upgrade your starter at a position. Just too hard to get and RB2-type for a QB2 - not going to happen more often than not ...

I can't really afford to package anyone else with Ryan. I have a bench full of sleepers.
markscott273
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BoltzAttack » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Rivers vs the Vikings like everyone else said is the best bet. Hold on to Ryan and if he produces you should be able to trade him by week 3 for an upgrade at RB
BoltzAttack
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:31 pm

markscott273 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
markscott273 wrote:

I can't really afford to package anyone else with Ryan. I have a bench full of sleepers.

You can't afford to deal Ryan and a sleeper or low-end starter to upgrade a starting position?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench