TE-T Gonzalez
login
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can this team win it all?

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:49 pm

I dont think this team can win it all, but you never know. Thats why we play the games right. Hillis and Mathews not the best RB starting combo but eh, not the worst either. I would be worried about them getting hurt. Hillis is an injury waiting to happen with the way he runs and the madden curse. And Mathews has missed time in the past as well. Fitz is Fitz and should be fine. After that Im not sure. Im not a huge Harvin guy. Misses too many games with headaches for me to ever draft him and Dez SHOULD be good but its unknown still. There is a ton of places the ball goes before him in Dallas. Collie is a concussion away from retirement and Tony G is damn near in a wheel chair. Hes serviceable dont get me wrong.

I know most of this was negative but you asked if the team could win it all. I just answered the reasons why I dont think it can win it all. That does not mean that it cant. Fantasy football is a crazy crazy game. I could see someone saying this about your team---- Rogers, best QB in football. Hillis primed for his best year yet and Mathews has break away speed and big play written all over him. Fitz is top 5 at WR and Dez could end up being the surprise of the draft.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FU - Football Univ. » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Of course, with A. Rogers, you've always got a shot to win. But, as far as your other positions, you got a couple of players that I personally tried to avoid this year.

As was already mentioned - I'm not a Harvin fan, either... esp. this year. New coach + new QB doesn't usually add-up to a great FF year. I'm also not a fan of Hillis this year. I like the guy's running style, but he tailed off at the end of last year because he takes such a beating.

I think your wild cards are really Dez & Fitz. If both of those guys have nice years (which I think each are capable of), then you could make the playoffs. If one of those guys stumbles or gets hurt, it could hurt your squad big-time.

Good luck this year!

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493601
FU - Football Univ.
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Irish Drunk » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Almost any team can win it all. Good waiver wire moves can vault a team up. Hillis and Lloyd were week 2 waiver wire addtions last year. I do think the odds are stacked against you because of your RB1 - Hillis will come back to earth this season.

I love your WR corps - I project everyone of those guys for over 800 yards. And unlike others, I am not as down on Harvin. He's too talented and can do other things - end arounds, kick returns.

But the key to you winning lies in RB's 2 and 3. If Mathews and Wells have their breakout seasons you will be in contention.
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sex Panther » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:30 pm

login wrote:I drafted 8th out of 10.

QB-A Rogers, S Bradford
RB-P Hillis, R Matthews, B Wells, J Stewart, R Brown, M Hardesty
WR-Fitz, P Harvin, D Bryant, J Ford, MSW
Flex- A Collie
TE-T Gonzalez

Like any sane person who plays this game, I like Rodgers & Bradford is a nice insurance policy.

Not a fan of Hillis for reasons previously mentioned, at least you have him handcuffed. Mathews & Wells are both wild cards (you'll see in the link below I'm banking on em to do something) but appear to be in positions to succeed, they both need to stay healthy & show that they were worth the invest of 1st round picks from their respective ballclubs. Stewart and Brown only make sense if McCoy or DWilliams get hurt, would have gone another route w/ those picks.

Love FItz, IMO he's got a top 5 WR season on the way. Harvin, Dez, and Collie are all wild cards - all 3 will be given the chance to succeed, but none of the 3 is a proven commodity & all can be seen as gambles. I like Ford & MSW, but I'm not sure if either are worth a roster spot in a 10 teamer.

Gonzalez is a serviceable TE, but at this point in his career, he's a shadow of his former self.

IMO, you are pretty thin for a 10 team league. Lot's of upside, but few proven commodities. You'll have an "on paper" advantage most weeks from your QB slot & Fitz stacks up with any WR in the NFL, but you'll be at a disadvantage pretty much everywhere else. Of course, this could all change if Wells, Mathews, Dez, Harvin, and Collie all stay healthy and all play to their potential.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493619&p=3329856#p3329856
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby pensrockman » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:37 pm

QBs are top notch... I dont like your RBs though. Good work on Hardesty as a handcuff to Hillis. As hard as he runs, I find it hard to believe he'll play every game this year.

Little help? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=492926
pensrockman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JWoody82 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:55 pm

login wrote:I drafted 8th out of 10.

QB-A Rogers, S Bradford
RB-P Hillis, R Matthews, B Wells, J Stewart, R Brown, M Hardesty
WR-Fitz, P Harvin, D Bryant, J Ford, MSW
Flex- A Collie
TE-T Gonzalez

Think you're in great shape at QB and WR. Fitz and Dez is a heck of a duo, and Collie and Harvin are great depth behind them. Seems a little dicey at RB. I have Mathews myself and am hoping for the 2nd year comeback, but I'm skeptical. I think Gonzalez goes downhill this year, but TE is easy enough to upgrade on waivers with all of the depth at that position there will be guys available. So Mathews or Beanie surprising folks, or a DeAngelo injury, and I think you're right there.

Thoughts on my draft?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=493633
Last edited by JWoody82 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JWoody82
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mzkp54 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:59 pm

More of the same here. You look good at QB and WR. RB is gonna take some active management. Keep an eye on the wire for good pickups. I'd say this team can win but its gonna take some moves first.

Lend a hand:
viewtopic.php?t=493648
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby c0megets0me » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:14 pm

If u can make a trade to improve ur rb's you might have a chance
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Return to Roster Ratings