4th "real" ie $$ league draft of the year... WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

4th "real" ie $$ league draft of the year... WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

4th "real" ie $$ league draft of the year... WHIR

Postby Sex Panther » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:09 pm

12 teams, QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/Flex (W/R/T)/K/D

.5 PPR, 25 pass = 1 pt, 10 rush/rec = 1 pt, pass TD = 4 pts, rush/rec TD = 6 pt, +1 pt @ 300 pass, +2 @ 350 pass, +3 @ 400 pass (stacks upto +6), +1 pt @ 100 rush/rec, +2 pt @ 150 rush/rec, +3 pt @ 200 rush/rec, +1 pt 40+ yard rush/rec/pass, +1 pt 40+ yard rush/rec/pass TD (stacks w/ other yardage bonus +2), -1 INT, -3 pick (total -4), -1 fumble, -1 fumble lost (total -2).

Drafted 12 out of 12...

1.12 Cal. Johnson WR, DET
2.01 R. White WR, ATL
3.12 A. Bradshaw RB, NYG
4.01 A. Gates TE, SD
5.12 R. Mathews RB, SD
6.01 C. Wells RB, ARI
7.12 M. Stafford QB, DET
8.01 P. Garcon WR, IND
9.12 W. McGahee RB, DEN
10.01 San Diego D/ST, SD
11.12 J. Cutler QB, CHI
12.01 D. Thomas RB, MIA
13.12 Detroit D/ST, DET
14.01 R. Meachem WR, NO
15.12 G. Hartley K, NO

Projected typical starters in BOLD, D/ST matchup play (yardage allowed, 3 & outs forced, 4th down stops, tackles for loss, and return yardage all factor into scoring) - hence, 2 D/ST drafted.

Not worried about Bradshaw, need 2 of the other 4 RB to work out & Stafford to stay healthy & I should roll barring significant injury IMO.

All thought welcome and encouraged.

Thanks & WHIR
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 4th "real" ie $$ league draft of the year... WHIR

Postby 16FAC » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:26 pm

Doubling up on the stud WR's is great but you definitely pay a price at RB. With that said both Bradshaw and Wells are serviceable and Wells just may be a big surprise this year. I don't like Ryan Matthews at all, not even a little bit so no Love here. I would insert McGahee before Mathews every single week. You might try unloading him if you have an un-savy member. Sorry I just think he's too fragile, terrible vision and horrid work ethic. Other than that your team is fine and you will do fine.

Please have a look at mine
viewtopic.php?t=493592
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

Postby meta87 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:13 pm

Got to agree about Matthews. Pretty worthless IMO. I like Stafford, think he is going to have a great year. Also Cutler should be a decent backup. Gates is obviously great, but it might be nice to have a serviceable backup on your bench in case of injury problems. Great team overall!

Help
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493627
meta87
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby pensrockman » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:24 pm

I think Matthews is a bum as well, but I drafted him in one league simply because he stayed on the board so long. He will get his chances and break a few big ones. WR is solid. RB not so much... Be on the lookout for pickups as I dont see you able to trade much here

LIttle help here? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=492926
pensrockman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby pommona22 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:51 pm

IF stafford can stay healthy very big IF and if Bradshaw can match what he did last year then you have a good chance in your league, i dont feel too comfortable if Staff went down, i also agree with the matthews pick, he could get decent yardage but with Tolbert there he will be TD vulture all year and his ankles concern me for a player so young. Your WR core cannot get any more elite and these guys will carry you. Rb id say is the weakest position tho i feel that beanie has a decent shot at putting up low end RB1 stats this year so yea in order to be playoff squad two of those RBS have to put up low end RB1 or high RB2 numbers imo ...Hope this helps!

Help with mine? Thanks!
viewtopic.php?t=493537
pommona22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mzkp54 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:56 pm

I agree with whats been said, you have a lot riding on Stafford. Keep an eye on the WW for a good RB gem and you're in good shape if your team stays healthy.

Lend a hand?
viewtopic.php?t=493648
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby JWoody82 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm curious which RBs were available for you with the 4th round pick, as I probably would have gone that direction over Gates at that point. I'm not a Mathews fan, although I ended up stuck with him in my $$ auction this year as well. Tight end seems super deep to me this year, so if there was a solid RB value available with the 37th pick I would have gone that route, and then kept my eye out for Finley, Daniels, or even Jimmy Graham later on. As it stands you're banking on Mathews improving significantly and not getting vultured by Tolbert, and Gates staying healthy - I'd rather have an RB like Best, F. Jones, or Blount at that point and any of the next several TEs that come off the board. I've got to think someone out of Clark, Witten, Finley, Davis, Daniels, or Graham would have been available at the end of the 5th. Of course I wasn't there so I have no idea who was available, If RB was totally tapped out by this point, then good work snagging Gates as you're already incredible at WR.

Love the Stafford pick, was disappointed he played so well in preseason - his price shot way up in my auction because of last week's game.

Thoughts on my draft?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=493633
JWoody82
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:54 am

JWoody82 wrote:I'm curious which RBs were available for you with the 4th round pick, as I probably would have gone that direction over Gates at that point. http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=493633

I hear ya, that was the problem.

Was hoping for 2 of Felix/Bradshaw/Greene/SJax at the 3-4 turn.

Greene 2.04, SJax 3.07, Felix 3.08...

Once those 3 were gone, I was going to go Wallace/Bradshaw - Wallace went 3.11. Thought aboout Moreno, Best, Ingram, DWill and B. Marshall at 4.01.

Opted for Gates - figured, "what the hell", saw him as the closet thing to a can't miss stud - dude is flat out insane (when healthy) & rather than reach for somebody I wasn't sure of, figured I'd load up at WR & TE - I'll have an advantage there every week I can start all 3. Finley/Witten/Clark/Davis - all were gone by the time I was picking at 5.12, so plan kinda worked - started the TE run. But none of the RB slid far enough - Moreno 4.02, Best 4.05, Ingram 4.10, DWill 5.06 - didn't happen so went the Wells/Mathews route.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby m16a » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:33 am

Given that you went with the strong WR approach, and having that window into your thought process and how the draft slid and whatnot, I do like your team. I'm not a huge fan of that style, but at the turn, it's hard to start your team off better than two top 5 stud WRs. If Wells and Matthews play to their potential, it could end up going much better for you. I like Bradshaw a lot, I just don't know how healthy he'll stay. Your RBs will be shaky this season unless you try and use the WR depth to deal for some mid range guys (Blount or DAW types). I like the Stafford and backing him up idea. Cutler isn't spectacular, but he'll fill in if/when Stafford misses games. You're definitely going to be carried by White/Megatron/Gates. Your X factors and more than likely the key to the season will be how well your RB corps and Stafford can perform. If the health and potential roll your way, you'll be scary, if not, you'll be dragging near the bottom. I think you've got a decent team, but it's far from the best. I'd give you a 75% on it. Good luck this season SP. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Roster Ratings