1st Draft! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

1st Draft!

Moderator: Football Moderators

1st Draft!

Postby therealsquat » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:15 pm

I had my first draft today and I was looking for some feedback on how I did. Any advice on what I should do or who I should replace would be appreciated.

QB Michael Vick, Phi QB [Breaking Video]
RB Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB
RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis, NE RB [Recent News]
RB/WR Fred Jackson, Buf RB [Recent News]
WR Dez Bryant, Dal WR [Recent News]
WR Reggie Wayne, Ind WR
TE Dallas Clark, Ind TE P [Breaking News]
D/ST Bears D/ST D/ST
K Sebastian Janikowski, Oak K
Bench Mario Manningham, NYG WR
Bench Willis McGahee, Den RB [Recent News]
Bench Mark Sanchez, NYJ QB [Recent News]
Bench Roy Helu, Wsh RB
Bench Julio Jones, Atl WR [Recent News]
Bench Jared Cook, Ten TE
Bench Donald Driver, GB WR
therealsquat
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 1st Draft!

Postby daullaz » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Excellent job, and welcome to the Cafe. ;-D

At first blush, I would you cut Jared Cook, as there's no need to hold a backup TE on your team. You'll be able to pick up a solid one-week option during Clark's bye week, and it makes more sense to use the roster spot on a player with higher upside, preferably a running back. Is Stevan Ridley available? He would make an excellent handcuff for your BGE pick, as Ridley looks like the type of player that could take over the BGE role in the near future.

Keeping with the theme of upside, I'd also drop Donald Driver for a different receiver who has a higher ceiling. Someone like Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, Nate Burleson, Brandon Gibson or Greg Little could wind up severely outperforming Driver on the year. At any rate, I'd keep that roster spot on a swivel and be ready to attack the waiver wire with it after Week 1 plays out and the surprise players emerge.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby therealsquat » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:26 pm

daullaz wrote:Excellent job, and welcome to the Cafe. ;-D

At first blush, I would you cut Jared Cook, as there's no need to hold a backup TE on your team. You'll be able to pick up a solid one-week option during Clark's bye week, and it makes more sense to use the roster spot on a player with higher upside, preferably a running back. Is Stevan Ridley available? He would make an excellent handcuff for your BGE pick, as Ridley looks like the type of player that could take over the BGE role in the near future.

Keeping with the theme of upside, I'd also drop Donald Driver for a different receiver who has a higher ceiling. Someone like Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, Nate Burleson, Brandon Gibson or Greg Little could wind up severely outperforming Driver on the year. At any rate, I'd keep that roster spot on a swivel and be ready to attack the waiver wire with it after Week 1 plays out and the surprise players emerge.

Thanks for the advice! Ridley is still available so I went ahead and picked him up in place of Jared Cook. Sanders, Brown, Burleson, Gibson and Little are all still available. Would you suggest sitting on Driver to see who performs the first week or snagging on of these guys now? If so, who would you reccommend? I don't honestly know much about any of them.

Also, it seems like I'm a little weak on WRs. What would you think about putting Manningham in the flex over a RB?
therealsquat
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Hippo45 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:03 am

therealsquat wrote:
daullaz wrote:Excellent job, and welcome to the Cafe. ;-D

Thanks for the advice! Ridley is still available so I went ahead and picked him up in place of Jared Cook. Sanders, Brown, Burleson, Gibson and Little are all still available. Would you suggest sitting on Driver to see who performs the first week or snagging on of these guys now? If so, who would you reccommend? I don't honestly know much about any of them.

Also, it seems like I'm a little weak on WRs. What would you think about putting Manningham in the flex over a RB?

Don't drop Driver right now. He is looking great in preseason even better than Jennings. I think you should drop Sanchez because he is worthless and you really don't need two QBs right now. I would pick up Burleson in place of Sanchez.
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Return to Beginner's Forum