How did I do? WHIR of course - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

How did I do? WHIR of course

Moderator: Football Moderators

How did I do? WHIR of course

Postby Habslive » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:04 am

12 team PPR, I took some chances on more players than I usually would.

QB: Josh Freeman, Matthew Stafford
RB: Arian Foster, Beanie Wells, Marshawn Lynch, Roy Helu, Rashad Jennings
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, James Jones, Steve Smith (Phi), Mike Sims-Walker
TE: Jermichael Finley
K: Sebastian Janikowski
DEF: Chargers

I missed out on Ben Tate so I had to take Helu.

Thoughts? I guess Wells is my biggest wild card.
Habslive
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How did I do? WHIR of course

Postby ken12580 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:40 am

You're right about Wells. He's a boom or bust. The good news is he doesn't have any competition due to Ryan Williams's injury and with Hightower gone. We will finally see if he can be a featured back, but it all depends on how the offense is with Kolb at the helm. Freeman should have a solid season, maybe an increase in his passing yards and TDs, but also probably an increase in INTs. How many WRs can you start? If you need a 3rd WR, you don't have any good options. Do you have a FLEX position in your league? Lynch should be an adequate FLEX if he can carry over his playoff success. Overall, solid team. Fitz and Wallace will get you plenty of points.

Please help with my team: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493391
ken12580
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Popcynical » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:44 am

Very solid team. I'm not as high on Freeman as some are, but he's got some upside. Stafford gives you some options to play against the better matchup.

Your RBs are good. Your WRs are VERY good. How'd you manage to snag Fitz at the end of the second? You may be a little disappointed with James Jones though, he seems to be behind Nelson on the Packers' depth chart.

And Finley is gonna have a breakout year. That'll really help you out.

Good team overall.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Kirby » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:46 am

Looks good for a 12 teamer as long as everyone stays healthy. If you lose a starter, your backups may need some upgrading.

I would consider trading a James Jones or Sims walker if either has a big game early in the season that you can cash in on.

Check out mine>
viewtopic.php?t=493729
Kirby
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby Eightan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:51 am

Your RB1 and WR1/2 are great. Also Finley is really good. Stafford could be ridiculous if he can stay on the field.

Wells is a big ?? in my mind... just because you're at the top of the depth chart, doesn't make you a good player (remember they drafted R. Williams and were high on him).

Jennings is on crutches last I heard, so MJD's true handcuff, if you want him, is Deiji Karim. I'd consider dumping Jennins and picking up either LaRod Stephens-Howling to back up Wells or Derrick Ward, who might start Week 1 over Tate if Foster is out.

Please help viewtopic.php?t=493730
Eightan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JC.89 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:08 pm

You're in good shape. You have a great QB combo and elite TE. It might hurt in the long run that you couldn't nab Ben Tate, but for now you have three starting running backs, which is probably more than most teams can say. As you've said, Beanie is the wild card; not only because of how he may perform, but with how many catches he'll get this season. He's looked very good in the pre-season, however.

The only thing I don't like is your depth at receiver after Fitz and Wallace. All three guys are big question marks as to how often they'll be used in their respective teams offense. During the season, I would keep a close on on WR's who have a breakout performance and nab on of them.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493677
JC.89
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby mzkp54 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:34 pm

I agree, this team could be very solid. I'd still try and grab a good WR and RB over the next few weeks to solidify your depth.

Lend a hand?
viewtopic.php?t=493648
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 241)

Postby Icemanzdoinwork » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Habslive wrote:12 team PPR, I took some chances on more players than I usually would.

QB: Josh Freeman, Matthew Stafford
RB: Arian Foster, Beanie Wells, Marshawn Lynch, Roy Helu, Rashad Jennings
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, James Jones, Steve Smith (Phi), Mike Sims-Walker
TE: Jermichael Finley
K: Sebastian Janikowski
DEF: Chargers

I missed out on Ben Tate so I had to take Helu.

Thoughts? I guess Wells is my biggest wild card.

I'd be skeptical of Wells as your second. He could blow up this year and be huge, but Arizona scares me overall outside of Fitz. Your backups all have potential, which is all you can ask. Your wr could turn out to be amazing. Smith/Walker could be studs and could be duds, but you have to love the upside of your backups. I'm not high on the chargers D. They have so many great players, but find ways to give up huge points. Now your qb's, both have amazing potential, but honestly. I like Stafford over Freeman. He just has a better receiving core and that DET def is going to be nasty this year. GL overall you can't complain about the team. If steve smith/jones/walker go off huge early. I'd probably shop them and Wells for a better rb2.
Icemanzdoinwork
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings