As a Wisconsin fan, I just need to blow off some steam...most of it directed at Brett "Dumber than a box of rocks" Bielema.
- 30 seconds left and you call timeout when they are near midfield, and they have two timeouts? That's Coaching 101, idiot. You have the momentum...play OT.
- The safety...that's on Paul Chryst and the coaches. Why run a naked bootleg in your own endzone with only a one man route? Where is Wilson supposed to go with the ball if that one guy is double-covered (which he was)? Stupid. That intentional grounding/safety is on the coaches.
- This wasn't a "bad" call but it wasn't a good one...on the blocked FG, why did we not go for it on 4th down. You're inside the 15 and they hadn't been able to stop us at all at that point. I know Ball was out of the game, but I still would have gone for it. Worst case scenario, you pin them deep.
- The infamous blocked punt. I know a lot of college coaches run that formation with no one blocking at the line and 3 protectors...I hate it. The last thing you want is your protectors organizing who is blocking who. Hat on a hat at the line of scrimmage and they can't get to your punter in time.
- Can someone please tell me what coverage we were playing for 3 1/2 quarters? Particularly on third down, we were playing so loose, it was literally for MSU: "Take 4 steps to the 1st down marker, turn around, catch ball." Especially that 280lb TE...really, we're worried about him beating us deep? Get up on somebody. We proved late we had the players to shut those guys down...why did we just let Sparty do whatever the hell they wanted?
- Nothing to do with the coaches, but COME ON ABBREDERIS!!! Dropped TD and unable to time up a hail mary? Really? And Nick Toon...you don't deserve the last name on the back of your jersey. Your daddy must just be sick with your performance (assuming you were actually playing in that game...were you? I never saw you...) Disgraceful.
I am so wound up right now...Bielema may be a fine recruiter and a good skills coach, but his in-game management is among the worst in the country, particularly in big games. You're pathetic.
The players try so hard to earn the recognition they deserve, and then get let down by poor coaching. How long did it take to make the adjustment on the MSU toss play, which I could call out every time they put their TE in motion in that formation? How long did it take to play man defense? Why was our gameplan so darn complicated, with jet sweeps and naked rollouts and deep play action? How many simple throws were designed for Wilson? Everything he completed he did on his own.
I've always hated Bielema. He looks like a moron, he dresses like a slob, he talks like he just ate Mike McCarthy and has Mike's vocal cords stuck in his throat, and at least once a year shows us that his outward appearance is just a reflection of his inner idiocy.
But it's ok. We have so much to look forward to! We can play to win the meaningless Leaders division...or is it Legends? Can never remember. And then we can play to win the meaningless Big 10 Championship game for a chance to play in a meaningless BCS game. Yay! Can't wait!
And the best part? We still have a solid 8+ weeks of listening to how great the SEC is. I wonder why they even have a BCS? Why not just have the SEC Championship game determine the #1 team. In fact, just take all the other conferences and put them in Division 1 and 1/2 so that the SEC can have the Division 1 all to itself.
I just hate college football with every bone in my body (not the individual games, but the meaninglessness of those games)....you realize if the BCS were in the NFL, Buffalo would probably still be trying to catch the Eagles and Jets in the standings?