Criticizing Cafes preseason rankings... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Criticizing Cafes preseason rankings...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Criticizing Cafes preseason rankings...

Postby mattb47 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:09 am

Hippo45 wrote:
Purple1 wrote:
Purple1 wrote:Heres a challenge for you guys I'll take THT and you take one of the RB you have ranked near and ahead of him. Felix Jones, Cedric Benson, Fred Jackson, Shonn Green, Reggie Bush, Beanie Wells hell I don't care any RB ousider your top 10 even but just ONE.

PPR 1 pt per 10yrds rush/rec 6pts TD

Lets see who has the better season!

Boy good thing nobody bit on this lol!!!

The season isn't over yet and Hightower hasn't done that bad. He still could easily be better than any of those guys he listed.

He could easily be better than Fred Jackson or Beanie Wells? I think not. He's no longer the starter and he's already behind both of these guys who are the unquestioned and unchallenged starters and workhorses on their teams. I have no idea how you can say that...he might struggle to outscore Shonne Green and Reggie Bush which is saying a lot right now.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:11 am

Hippo45 wrote:
Purple1 wrote:
Purple1 wrote:Heres a challenge for you guys I'll take THT and you take one of the RB you have ranked near and ahead of him. Felix Jones, Cedric Benson, Fred Jackson, Shonn Green, Reggie Bush, Beanie Wells hell I don't care any RB ousider your top 10 even but just ONE.

PPR 1 pt per 10yrds rush/rec 6pts TD

Lets see who has the better season!

The season isn't over yet and Hightower hasn't done that bad. He still could easily be better than any of those guys he listed.

De-Nile is a river in Egypt
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Purple1 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:59 am

mattb47 wrote:
Hippo45 wrote:
Purple1 wrote:

He could easily be better than Fred Jackson or Beanie Wells? I think not. He's no longer the starter and he's already behind both of these guys who are the unquestioned and unchallenged starters and workhorses on their teams. I have no idea how you can say that...he might struggle to outscore Shonne Green and Reggie Bush which is saying a lot right now.

The one thing Hightower still has going for him at this point is that Torain can't seem to play more than 3 games in a row without an injury so there is still not much but some value left on him. But I have to agree with you mattb there's no way in Hell he's going to out produce Fred Jackson or Beanie.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:09 am

Purple1 wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Hippo45 wrote:

The one thing Hightower still has going for him at this point is that Torain can't seem to play more than 3 games in a row without an injury so there is still not much but some value left on him. But I have to agree with you mattb there's no way in Hell he's going to out produce Fred Jackson or Beanie.

Arguement can be made he doesn't outproduce Greene/Felix/Benson either - not looking good for HT owners (even worse for those who wasted a 4th or 5th on him).

Arguement can be made for Lynch/Tolbert/McGahee/Addai/Sproles/Ingram/Thomas etc as well...
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager