2010 vs 2011 (pre-season) Stats - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

2010 vs 2011 (pre-season) Stats

Moderator: Football Moderators

2010 vs 2011 (pre-season) Stats

Postby Shanana » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:56 pm

I'm specifically considering NFL Teams' Passing and Rushing stats when looking at the value of players.

1. Is this even worth considering?

2. Should I put much value on the pre-season stats? (EX: Arizona is currently rated as the top Passing team whereas last season they came in dead last!)
Shanana Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2010 vs 2011 (pre-season) Stats

Postby dgan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Actually, there is probably nothing less important than preseason stats. The only thing preseason is good for is to see how a guy "looks" - the eye test - not much more than that.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Re: 2010 vs 2011 (pre-season) Stats

Postby Hippo45 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:00 am

Yes, stats in preseason do mean quite a bit. However, you cannot go solely off of the stats as is. You have to factor in when they got these stats. Was it in the first quarter when all the starters were playing or was it in the 4th quarter when the scrubs that aren't going to make the team were playing?

People that were watching the preseason last year ranked Arian Foster really high because he had a nice preseason. It paid off very well for those owners. Matt Forte was another gem that had a good preseason and was great gem in the mid-rounds. I targeted both of these players solely because of their preseason production.

At the same time many people last year were buying in to the Baltimore offense and were let down once the season started.
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Return to Beginner's Forum