WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: $$ League...WHIR 100%%

Postby mzkp54 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:00 am

Wow how on earth did you end up with Charles and Mendenhall? This team is very good. I'd want a stronger QB in a 6 point TD league. You should 100% drop Rashad Jennings since he's out for the year and pick up the best available quarterback. I'm also not crazy about your bench. I think better players should be available in a 10 man league. Overall I'd give your team a B+, with a need for improvement at QB, but very strong starting RB.

Lend a hand?
viewtopic.php?t=493920
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby mayhem13 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:02 am

very good at RB. and I like Big Ben in fantasy leagues..because he is consistent. might not have many HUGE games...but he is always good.

dont love the WR situation...but it could definitely be worse.

Id give it a B+
mayhem13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby footballprincess85 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:12 am

I would agree that I would want to upgrade at QB, I'm not crazy about Eli; but overall your team looks pretty good! Hard not to like a team with Charles and Mendy. I like Maclin, Defenses can't cover DJax and Maclin with double coverage at the same time, so one of them is bound to break out and I think it will be be Maclin. Lloyd is solid. I would be looking to the waiver wire to upgrade your bench, I'm not crazy about your depth.

Take a look at mine?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=493942
footballprincess85
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby TaDa » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:39 am

QB scares me.
Your RBs are awesome, but Mendenhall drops a little in PPR league.
Your WRs are good, but in PPR, may not put up as many points as needed
TE is awesome, and that makes a huge difference in PPR league
Good defense and kicker.

Overall, I think that your team is a C to C+. I think your team should be above .500 and has a good shot at the playoffs. I would work on a trade of a RB for an upgrade at QB/WR.

Little love please: viewtopic.php?t=493939
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby chapo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:45 pm

Great team, but big weakness at QB, even though Eli thinks hes Brady, he lost two good weapons in Smith & Boss and is turnover prone. You could trade Gates and Eli for a Romo o Rivers, there is plenty of TE that could have a monster year and could be on the ww. Pettigrew, Cook (really like thia guy).
chapo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Chrgrs17 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks for rating my team. I echo a lot of the same thoughts already posted. Eli wold be an ok starter in a 4 pt passing TD league, but I would want somebody else a little more dynamic in a league like you have. The difference in points really adds up. Your RBs are sensational. I don't want to tell you how to run your team, but I think trading one of your RBs could land you an upgrade at QB. i think the depth is there with Benson/Stewart that you will still be solid. I think it's important to have a good rb, but in a ppr 6 td league like yours, I'd guess that the best teams are QB/WR heavy. I think your WRs are strong enough (thought I do agree that they may not be great in ppr. They seem to be more geared to the big play, rather than possesion WRs). I think Lee Evans is a great backup. I wouldn't worry too much about it, just keep an eye for some possesion type receivers on the waiver wire. Not sold on Jordy Nelson since Green Bay just so many weapons, but he is a potential sleeper. Keep a close eye on him and find an upgrade is necessary.
Chrgrs17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Lips » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Eli?? Really? In ten team league, he is not a top ten QB, barely top 20, especially with int being -2. Gotta upgrade there.

Is w/r mean flex for receiver or running back? If so, I might start Stewart instead of britt, bit I'd base that on matchups.

Everything else looked good. Eli drops your grade to a B, weak bench makes it a B-, but all other starters are A-

Help with mine please: viewtopic.php?t=493878
Lips
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby gatorbite35 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:27 pm

sabomnim wrote:Please Rate my team

5th Pick of 10 man league
1 PPR,
QBs 6pt TDs, -2INT

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Charles
RB: Mendenhall
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Brandon Lloyd
WR: Maclin
TE: Gates
W/R: Kenny Britt
DEF: NE
K: Gould

BN: Stewart
BN: Benson
BN: Lee Evans
BN: Jordy Nelson
BN: Kendall Hunter
BN: Rashad Jennings

WHIR 100%
thank you!!

Thanks for commenting on mine. I like the way you broke down my roster.

Qb(6.8/10) - At first glance, one would be turned off by Eli. However, you have solid rb core and a semi- respectable wr core. So Im fine with Eli at qb. Would have given a lower rating if you had a weak rb core.

Rb(8.5/10) - I like charles and mendenhall(im not too high on him) as your rb. I gave you a 8.5, b/c im not sure why you aren't starting a rb at your flex position. Is it b/c your are in a ppr league?

Wr- If you are starting 3 wr(on most weeks) then I'm giving you a 7.5. But if you are starting 4 wr(on most weeks) than it's a 6 for me. 4 wr does seem like a lot of wr to start,especially when you don't have a stud #1 receiver.
I rather start benson at the flex and play matchups with wr wek to week. Im not a fan of lloyd this year with the coaching change.

Te- (9/10) - As long as you didn't reach for Gates during the draft than it will be a 10/10. I just don't know

Bench(4/10) I would drop jennings and hunter for better rbs. I guess you could keep hunter, but there should be better options out there. Even if gore does get hurt, dixon and hunter will be sharing the load with dixon taking the goal line carries. Stewart and Benson are fine, but I hope you put benson in the flex positon. I'm content with lee evans considering he's your 5th wr.
Maybe pick up amendola if he's still available. Great for ppr and did you know he's was the most targeted player(nfl) in the red zone last year.
I would def. get a back qb with some upside.
Check Out My Beer Channel
12 Team League PPR
Qb, 2 wr, 1rb, 1wr/rb , 1te, 1k, 1 def
Qb- Romo, Stafford
Wr - Nicks, Boldin, amendola,mike thomas,meachem
rb - Rice,forte, greene, best,
k - Alex Henery
te - Clark
def - Saints
gatorbite35
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ozymandias19 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:14 pm

Lips wrote:Eli?? Really? In ten team league, he is not a top ten QB, barely top 20, especially with int being -2. Gotta upgrade there.

Is w/r mean flex for receiver or running back? If so, I might start Stewart instead of britt, bit I'd base that on matchups.

Everything else looked good. Eli drops your grade to a B, weak bench makes it a B-, but all other starters are A-

Help with mine please: viewtopic.php?t=493878

Guess where Eli finished in ten-team standard leagues on ESPN... Tenth.
Ozymandias19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Roster Ratings