How did I do? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

How did I do? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

How did I do? WHIR

Postby Chrgrs17 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:37 am

I'm in a 12-team keeper league with heavy restrictions. After the restrictions, I was able to keep Dwayne Bowe for a fourth-rounder and Vincent Jackson for a 11th rounder. I personally think I did great. I'd love it if you could let me know of any potential strengths/weaknesses/things to keep an eye on. It really helps to get an outside perspective sometimes.

Scoring System:
25 passing yards = 1 pt.
passing TD = 4 pts.
INT = -2 pts.
10 rushing/receiving yards = 1 pt.
rushing/passing TD = 6 pts.
3 receptions (WR/TES only) = 1 pt.
Team win = 1 pt.

Starting lineup format:
QB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, flex, flex, Defense, Kicker

Roster:

QBs:
Matthew Stafford
Kyle Orton

RBs:
Frank Gore
Matt Forte
Brandon Jacobs
CJ Spiller

WRs/TEs:
Dwayne Bowe
Vincent Jackson
Brandon Marshall
Wes Welker
Kenny Britt
Jimmy Graham

Defense:
Giants

Kicker:
David Akers
Chrgrs17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How did I do? WHIR

Postby sabomnim » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:46 am

QB (7/10): decent QBs, stafford's inability to stay healthy still scares me and still not sure what to expect from orton
RB (7/10): gore is great but his injury proneness scares me a ton, i like forte and jacobs but CJ spiller may not do much (im high on fred jackson)
WR (10/10): awesome WRs, great depth and amazing starters

Overall (8/10): ur WRs are great but im not crazy about the rest of ur team due to injury concerns

Good Luck!

Please rate my team
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby mayhem13 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:54 am

WR is loaded, i like that!! I try to do the same in my leagues...

Forte and Gore are nice too have....Gore seems to be a little brittle, but if he stays healthy..thats a nice 1-2 punch with those RBs

QBs arent too bad either. I think you have a shot too make it pretty far into the playoffs.

A-

rate mine?
viewtopic.php?t=493914
mayhem13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Chrgrs17 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:59 pm

sabomnim wrote:QB (7/10): decent QBs, stafford's inability to stay healthy still scares me and still not sure what to expect from orton
RB (7/10): gore is great but his injury proneness scares me a ton, i like forte and jacobs but CJ spiller may not do much (im high on fred jackson)
WR (10/10): awesome WRs, great depth and amazing starters

Overall (8/10): ur WRs are great but im not crazy about the rest of ur team due to injury concerns

Good Luck!

Please rate my team

Appreciate the help. I didn't take into account injury proneness (particulary with Stafford). I'll keep an eye out on FA QBs just in case. I can usually find a decent one in my league. I rode Fitzpatrick quite a bit last year :). My rationale with Spiller is that I think he'll do some this season, but in my keeper league, I'm drafting him mostly for his potential over the next few years. Fred Jackson and the other RB are both in their 30s now, so may not have too much in the tank. I agree with you on my rbs, but I love that my league gives a ton of flexibility. I only need one per week, so I'm thinking I can find atleast one decent matchup.
Chrgrs17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Chrgrs17 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:04 pm

mayhem13 wrote:WR is loaded, i like that!! I try to do the same in my leagues...

Forte and Gore are nice too have....Gore seems to be a little brittle, but if he stays healthy..thats a nice 1-2 punch with those RBs

QBs arent too bad either. I think you have a shot too make it pretty far into the playoffs.

A-

rate mine?
viewtopic.php?t=493914

Thanks, that's certainly good to hear! I think so too. i'm a guy that like to spend my first two picks on RBs and I did. I still think they are what seperates the good fantasy teams from the great. You HAVE to have atleast one good rb. Then in my draft, I just go BPA from there and it usually turns out to be WRs. Most of my teams look like this, mainly because it's a pass-happy league. I just can't get motivated to draft team's #2 back, when their #2 WR is on the field for the whole game! Thanks for your input.
Chrgrs17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby crimedoctor » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:15 pm

Yes, your WR's are quite solid-love Jimmy Graham too.

I like Forte in the .33 ppr format, but worry about how much he has left in the tank, ....as well as his injury proneness. If Kendall Hunter is available, ...go get him.

Stafford is boom or bust. If he stays healthy he could be HUGE. Orton is a decent back up.

I will post my draft results soon. Please take a look.
crimedoctor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings