POLL: How does my team look? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

POLL: How does my team look? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

How will I do in my league?

I will EASILY win the league
6%
I will make it to the finals
38%
I will make it to the playoffs
50%
I wont make it to the playoffs
No votes
I will win the losers bowl
No votes
I will lose the losers bowl
No votes
I should turn off my computer now and go cry in the corner
6%

Total votes : 16

POLL: How does my team look? WHIR

Postby bigdogg712 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:22 pm

I play in a 10 team league on NFL.com with .5 ppr. This is my second year playing and this is NOT the exact team I drafted. I have made some trades. Anyways, how is it?

QB- Joe Flacco
RB- Chris Johnson
RB- Maurice Jones-Drew
WR- Brandon Lloyd
WR- Reggie Wayne
WR- Mike Wallace
TE- Antonio Gates
WR/RB- Rashard Mendenhall

K- Alex Henery
D/ST- New York Giants
DL- Ndamukong Suh
LB- James Harrison
DB- Charles Woodson

**BENCH
-Sam Bradford
-Terrell Suggs
-Jon Beason
-Brandon Jacobs
-Nate Burleson

I don't have much depth. Also, I have 3 rbs in the top 10, 3 wrs in the top 15, and the #1 TE. With flacco/bradford as my qb, will I still do ok?

*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*

Also, I am trying to get a trade for Calvin Johnson. I am trading Brandon Lloyd (based on the fact he will be a one hit wonder), and Brandon Jacobs (based on the fact that Bradshaw fumbles and will get goal line carries). If I got this, it would strengthen my WR core and my WRs and RBs would be impossible. Right now, my RBs are impossible to match.

On top of that, I am trying to trade flacco for either Schaub or Big Ben. I have both offers out right now, so whichever owner accepts first, if at all, will get taken. I have a feeling they will do it because both Schaub and Ben are on the bench on their teams.

Thanks!!
Last edited by bigdogg712 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: POLL: How does my team look? WHIR

Postby Lips » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Good job with the poll.

I like everything except Flacco, but I'm sure that's how you feel. He won't do much for you, in 10 teamer, the waiver wire might have a better option, but you probably won't need it. You are so solid in rb, wr, te. Barring Injuries, you should do great. Look on ww for a sleeper. Is cam newton available? He probably won't be anything special, but if he runs a lot, he could be Vick light. Worth a flyer as a hope he develops quickly? Maybe. If you wait to see how he does, if he does do well, you might lose him to someone else.
Lips
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby prophecy135 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:26 pm

I voted you will def make the playoffs, anything after that is just luck of the draw. I'm in the same boat as you with Flacco, I'm just hoping he turns out to be much better then his draft position.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:32 pm

thanks for the help on mine,
I think this is a for sure playoff team, and a strong contendor for the championship. I think you will be fine at QB as I think Bradford could put up some strong numbers. I would look to see if there is something better on the wire then woodson like a george wilson. good luck this year
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby c0megets0me » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:47 pm

If you had someone like Ryan or Big Ben or even Schaub at qb.........I would prob be ready to crown you champ. But still very solid team
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby osbtensor » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:00 pm

I agree with the other statements already made... really nice looking team minus flacco. *if* I had to pick a weak spot I'd say it's the WR core. They're not weak, but if i was forced I would go there. I think wayne will suffer a bit at the first of the season due to mannings surgery and lloyd.. i dunno. i hope he's not a one hit wonder. he was impressive last year, that's a fact. let's hope he repeats his performance while the broncos repeat the whole who's gonna be our #1 qb performance all over again.

i say you're a lock for the playoffs and a stronger contender for the championship game if you find a better qb (or flacco really fools us all). if your WR produce like they should, you could win it all. it's all luck in the last contest anyway

thoughts on mine? viewtopic.php?t=494046
osbtensor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigdogg712 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:51 pm

I just made an edit. make sure you read it!
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Postby gc2892 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:17 am

bigdogg712 wrote:I play in a 10 team league on NFL.com with .5 ppr. This is my second year playing and this is NOT the exact team I drafted. I have made some trades. Anyways, how is it?

QB- Joe Flacco
RB- Chris Johnson
RB- Maurice Jones-Drew
WR- Brandon Lloyd
WR- Reggie Wayne
WR- Mike Wallace
TE- Antonio Gates

K- Alex Henery
D/ST- New York Giants
DL- Ndamukong Suh
LB- James Harrison
DB- Charles Woodson

**BENCH
-Sam Bradford
-Terrell Suggs
-Jon Beason
-Brandon Jacobs
-Nate Burleson

I don't have much depth. Also, I have 3 rbs in the top 10, 3 wrs in the top 15, and the #1 TE. With flacco/bradford as my qb, will I still do ok?

*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*

Also, I am trying to get a trade for Calvin Johnson. I am trading Brandon Lloyd (based on the fact he will be a one hit wonder), and Brandon Jacobs (based on the fact that Bradshaw fumbles and will get goal line carries). If I got this, it would strengthen my WR core and my WRs and RBs would be impossible. Right now, my RBs are impossible to match.

On top of that, I am trying to trade flacco for either Schaub or Big Ben. I have both offers out right now, so whichever owner accepts first, if at all, will get taken. I have a feeling they will do it because both Schaub and Ben are on the bench on their teams.

Thanks!!

great all around squad you should make a run deep into your playoffs..opinions on my team please

viewtopic.php?t=494103
gc2892
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby curtk » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:09 pm

bigdogg712 wrote:I play in a 10 team league on NFL.com with .5 ppr. This is my second year playing and this is NOT the exact team I drafted. I have made some trades. Anyways, how is it?

QB- Joe Flacco
RB- Chris Johnson
RB- Maurice Jones-Drew
WR- Brandon Lloyd
WR- Reggie Wayne
WR- Mike Wallace
TE- Antonio Gates

K- Alex Henery
D/ST- New York Giants
DL- Ndamukong Suh
LB- James Harrison
DB- Charles Woodson

**BENCH
-Sam Bradford
-Terrell Suggs
-Jon Beason
-Brandon Jacobs
-Nate Burleson

Thanks!!

Thanks for the help with mine. I think you have a good chance to make the playoffs. Like the others, I think your weak spot is QB. IMHO, you have a number of high-risk, high-reward players...too many for my tastes. C Johnson has missed most of the preseason, MJD is coming off knee surgery, Brandon Lloyd is in an offense that could run a lot more this year, and Reggie Wayne's QB has health problems. Granted, some of those risks are worse than others, but risks with some of your top players, nonetheless.

If you can get Calvin Johnson for Lloyd and Jacobs, that would be great, although I wouldn't take that trade if I was your opponent.

Did you offer Flacco straight up for Ben and Schaub? If so, I don't see anyone taking that, even if those two are on their bench. On the other hand, if you have a package deal where the second player meets a need, one may take that. Either one would be a great improvement for your team...
curtk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby claytoporski » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:06 pm

QB- Joe Flacco
RB- Chris Johnson
RB- Maurice Jones-Drew
WR- Brandon Lloyd
WR- Reggie Wayne
WR- Mike Wallace
TE- Antonio Gates

K- Alex Henery
D/ST- New York Giants
DL- Ndamukong Suh
LB- James Harrison
DB- Charles Woodson

**BENCH
-Sam Bradford
-Terrell Suggs
-Jon Beason
-Brandon Jacobs
-Nate Burleson

Really love the draft. I would definitely trade Flacco for Big Ben. Trading Lloyd and Jacobs for CJ would be ridonkulous.

This is the exact kind of draft that I try to have. Load up on core WR/RB first and then go QB mid/late rounds. I do think that Antonio Gates is going to have a down year. I would use him as trade bait if you can get something sick in return - people have him way overvalued IMO.

There is no reason you shouldn't go to the playoffs with this team.
claytoporski
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Roster Ratings