Please rate my team, also seeking flex advice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Please rate my team, also seeking flex advice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please rate my team, also seeking flex advice

Postby Noeckett » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:57 pm

12 team PPR league, I had 7th pick. Personnel is standard with one WR/RB flex. Number in parentheses denotes round player was drafted.

QB
Drew Brees (2)
Mark Sanchez (10)

RB
LeSean McCoy (1)
Shonn Greene (5)
Brandon Jacobs (11)
Ronnie Brown (13) [handcuff]

WR
Mike Wallace (3)
Miles Austin (4)
Percy Harvin (6)
Jacoby Ford (12)

TE
Owen Daniels (7)
Brent Celek (14)

K
Neil Rackers (15)

D/ST
Eagles (8)
Jets (9)

I know the biggest weakness is at RB, which I aim to fix ASAP, because there is a huge bye-week problem in week 8 when Greene is the only available back. Scouting RBs will be my first priority, and I think I've drafted plenty to trade with having Sanchez as backup QB, two solid defenses, and possibly Celek and Ford. I am planning on using Harvin as my main flex option, especially if he clicks with McNabb like I'm hoping he will, but I wonder if Jacobs might be worth starting occasionally. Thoughts and constructive criticism appreciated!
Noeckett
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please rate my team, also seeking flex advice

Postby twes » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:22 pm

You’re solid at QB and Wr, Brees and Wallace should have great years. You’re right, your RBs are a bit weak, but McCoy will be a reliable RB1 and based off the depth you have at other positions you have the option to put a trade offer together or some bait for the waivers to grab someone else. Do other teams in your league have depth at RB but none at others positions you could possibly trade with?

Good luck! Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=494018
2011-2012 Des Moines Fantasy Football League Champion
12-4 overall record.
twes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please rate my team, also seeking flex advice

Postby Irish Drunk » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:23 am

I think you hit the nail on the head - RB depth is the biggest issue facing your team. A key waiver pickup like Peyton Hillis was last year would go a long way to helping you succeed.

Flex position - 9 times out of 10 I'd say Harvin. He is also a returner which is an added bonus.

Sanchez has been given all the tools to succeed, let's see if he can deliver. If he does that is some mega trade bait.
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings