RBs for week 1 - Help! (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

RBs for week 1 - Help! (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

RBs for week 1 - Help! (WHIR)

Postby twes » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Arian Foster
Peyton Hillis
Marshawn Lynch
CJ Spiller

Im for sure starting Hillis but my question is, will Houston run Foster much even if he starts week 1? They wouldn’t want to stress his hammy and im afraid he will have a few touches and be done for the game. But he is my number 1 pick and not starting his week 1 seems like the start to a bad season! My only other real option to start instead of Foster is Lynch. Spiller was just a pick for the upside/wavier bait.

Will help in return! Thanks.
2011-2012 Des Moines Fantasy Football League Champion
12-4 overall record.
twes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RBs for week 1 - Help! (WHIR)

Postby stryfe434 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:22 pm

I don't know much about FF yet, but my opinion is I'd wait until your closer to game day and see if you get any news on the hammy. But most likely start your best players
stryfe434
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ramzstriker » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Hey, thanks for helping out with mine. I agree with your logic, especially since the matchup appears to be in Hillis' favor with the bengals. I doubt that Foster plays at all and if by slight chance he does i don't see him getting a bulk of carries with the talent they have behind him.

Overall good stable of backs, but I think this week the match ups are pretty tough for who they run against. Should have an easier time of deciding down the road.
SchiavoReevesConnection
14 Team PPR
QB: MATT STAFFORD
RB: DOUG MARTIN
RB/WR: AHMAD BRADSHAW
WR: BRANDON MARSHALL
WR/TE: RANDALL COBB
WR/TE: BRIAN HARTLINE
DEF: TEXANS
K: RANDY BULLOCK

BENCH: C. Ivory, Ben Tate, R. Broyles, B. Pettigrew, J. Kerley, A. Dalton
ramzstriker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 22)

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:45 pm

you always want to role with your top picks if they play. with that said I would wait closer to game time if possible to make the decision. if I had to pick right now it would be Foster. good luck!
help me?
viewtopic.php?t=494026
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby bungle613 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Agree with the others, this is probably a Sunday morning post. (not sure when Houston plays this week)

See how much he practises this week.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ShaqAttaq13 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Yea definately check for reports coming out of houston this week, but if Foster plays, between him being your top pick, him playing a usually soft Colts run defense, and Marshawn Lynch being far from an elite option, you have to roll with Foster.
ShaqAttaq13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby twes » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks for the help all!

I’ll have to bump this post in a few days after more news out of Houston rolls in.
12-4 overall record.
twes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Brian1220 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Yeah I would definitely wait till the game gets closer but if he does start I would roll with him...
Brian1220
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Jason497 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:02 pm

Definitely watch practice reports. I worry about him aggravating it again early in the game, how many times have we seen a guy come back too soon and leave after the first series (If you've owned Michael Turner you know exactly what I am talking about).

Obviously it is too soon to definitively make a decision but Lynch might be your best bet even if Foster is active. Of course the juicy matchup against the Colts just complicates this further.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby twes » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:09 am

Jason497 wrote:Definitely watch practice reports. I worry about him aggravating it again early in the game, how many times have we seen a guy come back too soon and leave after the first series (If you've owned Michael Turner you know exactly what I am talking about).

Obviously it is too soon to definitively make a decision but Lynch might be your best bet even if Foster is active. Of course the juicy matchup against the Colts just complicates this further.

I do also think Lynch could be a solid start. He should be good for 9-10 TDs this year and a bunch of yards, being a bright spot in the Seattle offense.

It would kill me to bench my number 1 pick Foster on week one. But what can I do, its fantasy football :-S
12-4 overall record.
twes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench