Interesting 14-team $$ league draft. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Interesting 14-team $$ league draft. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Interesting 14-team $$ league draft. WHIR

Postby crimedoctor » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:25 pm

14-team, QB 2RB 2WR RB/WRflex TE D FGK, 0.5 ppr, QB's get 6 pts per pass and 0.25 points per completion, otherwise pretty standard scoring. The extra QB points calls for emphasis on that position, ....but owners in this league are downright QB whacky.

All 1st and 2nd round picks from 2010 go back into the mix. For anybody else on your 2010 roster, owners can claim 1, 2, 3, or 4 keepers and give up this year's 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks. Guys like Foster, Vick, McCoy, and Roddy White qualified as keepers, ....ouch. Rice and Wayne were my 2010 1st and 2nd rounders, ....so they both went back into the FA pool. Beyond that I kept 4 players and drafted as follows, ....starting out with the 1.9 and 2.6 picks:

1.9-Mendy
2.6-Calv Johnson

3rd round keeper-Nicks
4th rd keep-Hillis
5th rd keep-Felix Jones
6th rd keep-Mike Williams (TB)

7.9-Cutler (yuk, I know, ....Note: SIXTEEN QBs were gone BY THE END OF THE 6THS ROUND, including 3 back-ups ...insane!!!!!)
8.6-Steve Johnson
9.9-Orton (I know, ....yuk, ....what can you do?)
10.6-Helu
11.9-Fitzpatrick (In total, this was the TWENTY-FIFTH QB taken)
12.6-N.Y. Giants D/ST
13.9-Kendricks TE
14.6-Hardesty (Hillis handcuff)
15.9-Zach Miller
16.6-Carpenter-FGK

Give me your thoughts and I will return the favor.
crimedoctor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Interesting 14-team $$ league draft. WHIR

Postby TaDa » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:37 pm

With those bonuses for QB, I can see why they went so quickly. Someone like Rodgers may be the highest scorer in the league. You have a solid team, but there are definite concerns, QB and TE being the main ones. Since it's PPR, And you have 3 top ten wideouts, I'd work on a trade of getting a WR2 level guy back with a better QB

Little love: viewtopic.php?t=493939
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby nimzox » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:48 am

Thanks for your thoughts on mine. I would have to agree with the above post by TaDa. You most definitely need to upgrade at the QB position to be competitive in that league. Good Luck!
nimzox
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby crimedoctor » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:27 am

Thanks for the feedback. I agree on the QB evaluation, ....I hate this quantity, no quality situation. But here is the twist. Last year, I went RB-Rice, and WR-Wayne with my first two picks. The keeper rule was put into affect for the first time, .....so there were no keepers to be kept in 2010, ....but we KNEW that 2011 would have that rule kicking in: "Keep as many as four, ...and surrender your 2011 3, 4, 5, and 6 picks." My 3rd pick last year was Flacco, ....yes, the QBs were THAT depleted. I pictured Flacco as a decent 2010 upside candidate. I lead the league in scoring, .....but that had very little to do with Flacco.

Once the 2011 draft arrived, ....there was NO WAY I was naming Joe Mediocre as one of my four keepers, .....not with Nicks, Hillis, Felix Jones, Mike Williams, Ahmad Bradshaw, and LaGarrett Blount available to me. It was TERRIBLE that I had to ditch Bradshaw and Blount!! Important note: Your four keepers are dynasty players--you can keep them indefinitely. So, .....with Flacco out and Nicks, Hillis, Felix, and Mike Williams set in stone as my keepers, ....Tom Brady went FIRST IN OUR 2011 DRAFT! A couple of picks later, Rodgers was gone. I picked Mendenhall (with ONLY Brees and Rivers available as an elite QB). When my 20th overall pick came up, ....EVERYBODY worth mentioning at QB was gone (trust me), ...so I settled for Calvin Johnson.

At the end of 6 rounds, I had 3 RBs, 3 WRs, whereas EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE (except yours truly) had a QB, ....and get this, ....three owners had actually drafted a SECOND QB! Check out the math here, 3 owners had 2 QB's occupying 1/3 of their growing roster, .....when they can ONLY play one QB each week! Flacco, Kolb, Stafford, Eli Manning, and Bradford ALL went before the likes of,....Brandon Marshall, Steve Johnson, Daniel Thomas, Lynch, Fred Jackson, Jacobs, McGahee, Stewart, Jimmy Graham, Kellen Winslow, Daniels, etc., .....and a few these QBs will do nothing but ride the bench most of the year.

Yes, I need to work a trade, ....or come up with WW gold.
crimedoctor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby trumpettar » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:31 pm

i LOVE felix and peyton, as much as people have been hating.

i think orton can be a good starter if moreno goes down or llyod keeps it up. you can flip flop him and cutler depending on the week.
trumpettar
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:49 pm

crimedoctor wrote:14-team, QB 2RB 2WR RB/WRflex TE D FGK, 0.5 ppr, QB's get 6 pts per pass and 0.25 points per completion, otherwise pretty standard scoring. The extra QB points calls for emphasis on that position, ....but owners in this league are downright QB whacky.

All 1st and 2nd round picks from 2010 go back into the mix. For anybody else on your 2010 roster, owners can claim 1, 2, 3, or 4 keepers and give up this year's 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks. Guys like Foster, Vick, McCoy, and Roddy White qualified as keepers, ....ouch. Rice and Wayne were my 2010 1st and 2nd rounders, ....so they both went back into the FA pool. Beyond that I kept 4 players and drafted as follows, ....starting out with the 1.9 and 2.6 picks:

1.9-Mendy
2.6-Calv Johnson

3rd round keeper-Nicks
4th rd keep-Hillis
5th rd keep-Felix Jones
6th rd keep-Mike Williams (TB)

7.9-Cutler (yuk, I know, ....Note: SIXTEEN QBs were gone BY THE END OF THE 6THS ROUND, including 3 back-ups ...insane!!!!!)
8.6-Steve Johnson
9.9-Orton (I know, ....yuk, ....what can you do?)
10.6-Helu
11.9-Fitzpatrick (In total, this was the TWENTY-FIFTH QB taken)
12.6-N.Y. Giants D/ST
13.9-Kendricks TE
14.6-Hardesty (Hillis handcuff)
15.9-Zach Miller
16.6-Carpenter-FGK

Give me your thoughts and I will return the favor.

I like your team, and I think it's pretty solid aside for QB. With that roster, you must have the best WR core in your league. Your RBs are really solid as well. I don't think Hillis has anywhere near the year he did last year, but he is still a very solid RB2, and Felix is a really good RB3. I actually think Felix has a better year than Hillis, but that is just my opinion. You really need to upgrade your QB. If I were you, I'd play it out and see how Cutler does in the first two or three games. Remember how well he started off last year? He has the potential to be a top 10 fantasy QB, but he also has the potential to be a VERY average fantasy QB. Who knows, maybe he plays with a chip on his shoulder after the whole Caleb Haney thing that happened last year in the NFC Championship Game. And who knows (trying to be optimistic here), maybe Orton plays well this year. He played very well for most of the season last year, so maybe he can find that magic again. If your QB's don't work out, don't be afraid to trade one of your WR's. With all the QB's taken in your league, there has to be someone with a couple pretty good QB's. I think Kendricks will be fine at TE. TE was very deep this year, and there isn't a big difference between the 3rd best TE, and the 12th best TE. Aside from Gates, Vernon Davis and Finley, the talent level evens out at TE.

Help Me Out:
viewtopic.php?t=494274
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ramzstriker » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:11 pm

First off, I think this team will be a playoff contender. But I must say, from my experience, qbs are very important in any league and yours especially. If i were you i would play matchups until one of your running backs has some high stock. Then I would package a back with one of your wr's in order to get a qb.

What I have always done is sell high. Make sure to part with guys who are at the top of their game and maybe not stay there or have a tough schedule down the road. This works for you as well. Research the schedules and target possible qb's who you think are gettable in your league.

The last league I won during Michael Turner's breakout year. He was the best player in fantasy and i traded him for tony romo. I had kurt warner on my bench while he was hot and traded him for antonio gates. So play the ww and research schedules to determine a good qb to go after. Until then, match ups, match ups, match ups.
SchiavoReevesConnection
14 Team PPR
QB: MATT STAFFORD
RB: DOUG MARTIN
RB/WR: AHMAD BRADSHAW
WR: BRANDON MARSHALL
WR/TE: RANDALL COBB
WR/TE: BRIAN HARTLINE
DEF: TEXANS
K: RANDY BULLOCK

BENCH: C. Ivory, Ben Tate, R. Broyles, B. Pettigrew, J. Kerley, A. Dalton
ramzstriker