How'd I do? 12 teams. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

How'd I do? 12 teams. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

How'd I do? 12 teams. WHIR

Postby Snatch1414 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:32 pm

I picked 8th. No special scoring except for bonus points the longer a TD happens to be. Passing/rushing/receiving TDs all start at 6 points.

* = Starting Lineup

*Peyton Manning (4th round)
Josh Freeman (7th round)
Matt Flynn

*Michael Turner (1st round)
*Marshawn Lynch (6th round)
Mike Tolbert
Thomas Jones
Cadillac Williams

*Greg Jennings (2nd round)
*Reggie Wayne (3rd round)
*Jeremy Maclin (4th round)
Deion Branch
Arrelious Benn
Emmanuel Sanders

*Vernon Davis (5th round)
Anthony Fasano

*Matt Bryant
Don't remember

Yes I realize my 2nd RB situation is a complete mess. I passed on Ryan Grant and Cedric Benson, who aren't great but still, to secure Maclin because there wasn't much at WR left. Guess the same could be said for RBs. In general I think it's solid (everyone is going to have a weakness in a 12 teamer) but I don't see championship-type upside here.
Snatch1414
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How'd I do? 12 teams. WHIR

Postby osbtensor » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:10 pm

It's an okay team... I don't agree with 1st, 4th, 5th round picks. Here's why..

1st - turner. I think he's a huge injury risk. most carries over the past two years..
4th - peyton. same issue. might be a few weeks (3 or so?) before he's 100%.. going to feel the sting right out of the gate
5th - davis. not a bad choice.. but TE is pretty deep this year could have taken a RB2 instead in the 5th.

Turner may be top 5 this year and peyton could finish with a flurry and have his typical MVP style year. I could be wrong about all of this.. just my thoughts.

Not a bad draft.. I'd go B-
osbtensor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teezy33 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:16 pm

This doesn't look too bad...I'd probably start Tolbert at the RB2 if I was you, he's good value, and may be at least acceptable as a week to week starter.

I also wouldn't want to trade away my solid WR corps for more RB depth (although if you look to improve your team via trade that's the route you should probably take), so I'd just pray someone gets hurt and one of the handcuffs out there on the WW is available, and you can snatch him up. I'd also pray that Turner has another good year, which I'm not banking on, unfortunately.
teezy33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby tracyjesq » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:08 pm

I actually think you're OK except for your RB2 situation as you mentioned could be better. I agree with the other guy - I would start Tolbert as your RB2. I'm not a big Ryan Matthews fan.

You've got Freeman to cover for you until Manning is back which hopefully will be not too long. And I like your WR corps.

I feel your pain because I'm in a 14 team league - hard to be solid at every position with that many teams.

Help with mine please. viewtopic.php?f=44&t=495035
tracyjesq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Herby » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:49 pm

I don't think you did too bad. You are a little interesting at RB. Not bad just not what you typically find. I think you could have some upside there.

I do like your QB situation. Stafford is one of the guys I took on my team for his value (got him in the 11th round or something).

I think you are probably going to be an upper team. Maybe 4th or so in the division. You could have some upside if things go well in ATL though.

Have a gander at mine as well if ya like...

viewtopic.php?t=494845
Herby
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Roster Ratings