Freeman/Gore for Rivers/Matthews (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Freeman/Gore for Rivers/Matthews (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Freeman/Gore for Rivers/Matthews (WHIR)

Postby fn1cn2 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm in a 10 team dynasty league, and I am getting pretty concerned about Peyton. The rumors tonight are that he is getting another surgery and will be out indefinitely. I have a pretty solid team, and should have a good shot to win this season. I think that I need to make a move for a QB, but having tried the last few months, it has been difficult. I think this could be my best opportunity to get a top QB, or I will have to start Josh Freeman. Here is the proposal that has been made to me:

I give:
Josh Freeman
Gore
Hardesty
2012 1st rounder

I get:
Rivers
Ryan Matthews

I feel like this is a decent overpay, but like I said, QB's have been pretty hard to come by. I have pretty solid depth, and none of the players I give up are starters, unless Manning can't go. I also have 2 2012 1st rounders, so I would still have one left. I do not like to make a habit of overpaying, but like I said, I would like to give myself a shot to win, and I feel that Rivers will be much more helpful than Freeman and what I give up. My league info is below, and thanks for any help. Leave a link and I will try to help with your.

Start
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB

Scoring:
Non-PPR
1 points per 10 rushing/receiving yards
6 points for all TDs
1 point per 25 return yards
1 point per 20 punt return yards
-2 for all turnovers

My Team
QB: P. Manning, Freeman, Sanchez
RB: Rice, Charles, Gore, Green, Lynch, Daniel Thomas, Ryan Williams, Bernard Scott
WR: A. Johnson, Wallace, Dez, M. Williams (TB), Maclin, Amendola, Steve Smith (PHI), Sims-Walker, Hester, Decker, Baldwin, Alexander, Dwayne Harris
TE: Finley, Hernandez, Julius Thomas
DL: Pepper, K. Williams
LB: Willis, Lofton
DB: Woodson, L. Landry
fn1cn2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Freeman/Gore for Rivers/Matthews (WHIR)

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:37 pm

the manning rumors are just rumors, i would not worry about them.

i would for sure not do this trade
freeman is a top 10 dynasty QB that is underrated right now, gore while getting old is still top 12 in dynasty as well and a 1st is valuable. rivers is a good qb but is not worth this much, I think mathews is a good long term player but i would rather stick to what you got. good luck
viewtopic.php?t=494026
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby lugmetric » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:38 pm

i have to disagree-this is a pretty fantastic trade. you get a top5 QB in his prime, who will give you at least 3 more years of elite production, along with a running back with enormous potential who you don't have to rely on right away, in exchange for a declining frank gore, a top12 QB in josh freeman, and an unknown quantity in 2012. plenty of first rounders are total busts. and hardesty? he's never going to see the field behind rice/green/charles.

pull this trigger, and you've got an incredible team that's gotta be the favorite to win everything.
lugmetric
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fn1cn2 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Thanks for the help. I am leaning towards doing it at this point. Gore will only play for me if there is an injury, or during a bye week. And although running backs are hard to come by in my league, I am not able to trade him on his own for anything in my league for a player that will start, or provide a lot of contribution to my team. I think if it looks like I am getting really bad value, I will hold off on it, but I feel like this will give me the best opportunity to win this year and the next couple. Thanks again for any advice.
fn1cn2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby angels7777 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:16 pm

With your insane depth this trade makes sense..

viewtopic.php?t=494085
10 tms
.5 PPR, 6 pts for pass TD

QB- Cam
WR- AJ Green, J. Nelson, J. Gordon
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

BN- Chris Johnson, Blackmon, M. Brown, L. Bell, Randle, Rivers, Spiller
angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 232)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NotJohnTillerman » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:14 pm

I think you're pretty well spot on... it might be a tad of an overpay (the draft pick bugs me) but it should give you a great run this year, so if that's what you're looking for, jump on it and run the hell over everybody this year.
NotJohnTillerman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby fn1cn2 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:17 pm

NotJohnTillerman - I agree, I do not like giving up the first rounder, but the only other thing he wanted was Mike Williams (TB), and I would rather give up the draft picks.

I think I am going to go ahead and do this and hope for the best. I'm not giving up any starters, and I have a tone of depth that can help offset bad moves. It's not good to get in the habit of making bad moves, but I think at this stage I can afford to take a risk to try to win the league. This is the third year and the same guy won the first two seasons. Nobody wants him to win again, so I need to try to keep getting better. Thanks to everyone for the help.
fn1cn2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby illad3lph » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:24 pm

I would do this deal, dont pass up on Rivers.

Help me out please viewtopic.php?t=494064
illad3lph
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby McDuff » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:12 am

You can't pass that trade up. With your RB depth Matthews is a risk you can take with huge upside.
Best case - Matthews turns out to be the stud SD wanted last year AND Peyton comes back and plays like Peyton (if he comes back you can count on that) and then you would have Peyton AND Rivers?! Worst case Matthews and this trade is a lot to give up for Rivers.

That 1st round pick is tough to throw in but you have got to have a good chance to win this year so that could be the LAST 1st round pick anyway. Plus you don't think you could get a #1 pick in a trade for the repaired Peyton when you move him?

PS Ryan Williams and Bernard Scott are on your roster, a roster, any roster?
McDuff
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby havinaguinness » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:15 am

DUDE accept that trade!!!!!!

Rivers is the #2 or #3 QB in fantasy I dnt care what anyone says.

Mathews WILL have his breakout year this year
havinaguinness
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions