Rate my roster WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my roster WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my roster WHIR

Postby Irish Drunk » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:33 pm

10 team league basic yahoo scoring. Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF. I had 5th pick and my approach was to wait on WR, get my 2 RB's early and see if a top tier QB was still around in round 3. This is what happened.

1-5. Jamaal Charles
2-6. MJD
3-5. P Rivers
4-6. A Gates
5-5. M Ingram (the 2 WR's I was targetting went right before me so I grabbed my RB3)
6-6. Maclin
7-5. J Jones ATL
8-6. Sims-Walker
9-5. B Wells (can't believe he slipped this far)
10-6. J Nelson
11-5. Bradford
12-6. SD DEF
13-5. Crabtree
14-6. J Starks
15-5. Buehler

So my 3 starting WR's end up being Maclin, J Jones and Sims-Walker. It is definitely the weakest part of my team but I'm really high on Jordy Nelson and if Crabtree reaches his potential I may be looking okay. I love my RB core of Charles,MJD,Ingram,Wells and Starks.

Would appreciate your thoughts and feel free to leave a link.
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my roster WHIR

Postby Noeckett » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:16 am

Well you are definitely well-equipped at RB if Beanie Wells is your #4. You certainly did take your time with WRs, (none chosen until rd. 6), but Gates acts as a top-tier WR anyway, so his grab in the 4th round is justified. Maclin will be solid, he's the most consistent Eagle receiver, and Jones shows promise but is not yet a sure thing. If Sims-Walker and Bradford can connect this year you'll have two decent options for when the Rams have a favorable match-up, but if not they'll both be mediocre at best. Be prepared to give up Ingram or Wells for a WR if you have to. I've had Rivers at QB before and always found him frustrating, but he's a veteran with big upside.

I'd say you've got a great shot, maybe consider improvement at WR. Feel free to rate my team:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=494015
Noeckett
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby farrell_i » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:32 am

I'd try to flip one of your RB for a WR. Someone in your league has to be hurting. I'd wait for a few weeks into the season to see who gets itchy though, right now you probably won't be able to make a trade that strong.

Great team though. 5th pick is a great spot this year.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=494114
farrell_i
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby TaDa » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:10 am

Considering this isn't PPR, I think you went a little high on Gates, but he's definitely elite. Figure him as your WR1, then you have 2 solid WR2s in Maclin and Julio. Your RBs are awesome, and you got a great QB in Rivers.

In standard scoring, I think it's always better to draft RB strength first, QB second and then WR. As is my plan with my team, keep your eyes on the waiver wire and see if you can snag that sleeper WR that will help take your team to the playoffs.

A little love please: viewtopic.php?t=493939
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby thebigsmooth » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:33 am

Your WR's are a concern. I would try to trade some of you RB depth to pick up a quality WR.

Good luck. Please take a look at mine

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=494146
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby illad3lph » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:43 am

You 100 percent need to trade for a WR. You have enough depth at RB to move one for a decent WR1 or amazing WR2 like Brandon Marshall.

Can you help me out viewtopic.php?t=494135
illad3lph
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby nimzox » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:02 am

I like everything about your team except for your WR squad. I think you need to come up with a way to get a higher tier WR for your starting lineup. Good luck! Opinion on mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=494152
nimzox
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Irish Drunk » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:29 am

Guys thanks for your help. The common theme seems to be WR so will look at improving there. I made a mistake in my league specs we do start 3 WR's, not 2. The good news is WR always has waiver wire potential, more so than any other position. I don't think I want to trade Wells, maybe Ingram if he starts off hot.
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:37 am

This is a very solid team, 7.5/10 you got plenty of draft steals IMO such as MJD at 16 and Beanie in the 9th. You could definitely use a #1 WR, maybe by packaging Maclin and Ingram for a top-10 RB? I'm not huge on rookies and think 5th round for Ingram and 7th round for Julio were both too high because of the risk, but if you think they will pan out then more power to you. Good luck!

viewtopic.php?t=494259 Thanks
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby kaxx » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:52 am

This team has got potential, RB's are solid and I agree, trade one for a better WR. My only concern here is you took Gates too early. TE is deep this year, and I think if you'd have grabbed a WR in the 3rd and a QB in the 4th and grabbed a Gronkowski type of TE in the 8th -10th (I got him in the 12th) instead of going QB-TE in 3rd and 4th your team might be looking even better. But I don't know how your draft went and I'm sure you did the best you could with what you had.

Check mine out if you get time

Thanks
kaxx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Roster Ratings