WHIR * 16 TEAM league * WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

WHIR * 16 TEAM league * WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

WHIR * 16 TEAM league * WHIR

Postby ramzstriker » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:14 am

My starters are in bold. In our league the starter slots are QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, D, K. 6 pts for ALL touchdowns.
0.2 per rush, 0.75 per catch.

*This is my first year in the 16 team format, so I would like to know how you guys think I did.

QB: ROMO, Alex Smith
RB: CJ2K, FORTE, SHONN GREENE, DANIEL THOMAS, Delone Carter
WR: BRANDON MARSHALL, STEVE SMITH (CAR), Denario Alexander, Jordan Shipley, Michael Jenkins
T: GRONKOWSKI
DEF: EAGLES
K: CROSBY

I tried to grab good running back depth since you can start four backs and there are 16 teams in the league. I did the best that I could at wr but I think I have a decent shot with this squad.
SchiavoReevesConnection
14 Team PPR
QB: MATT STAFFORD
RB: DOUG MARTIN
RB/WR: AHMAD BRADSHAW
WR: BRANDON MARSHALL
WR/TE: RANDALL COBB
WR/TE: BRIAN HARTLINE
DEF: TEXANS
K: RANDY BULLOCK

BENCH: C. Ivory, Ben Tate, R. Broyles, B. Pettigrew, J. Kerley, A. Dalton
ramzstriker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WHIR * 16 TEAM league * WHIR

Postby sabomnim » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:57 am

this should be interesting, never played in a 16 either

QB (9): usually a 9.5-10 for romo but with an injury last year, mix with this being a 16 man league and smith is ur backup, i get concerned.
RB (10): i think u did awesome here. CJ and forte should put up huge numbers, esp in PPR. greene should greatly improve upon last year and daniel thomas atleast has a chance to start
WR (7.5): would be MUCH lower but in a 16 man league idk what to expect. not crazy about anyone besides marshall. ur RBs should make up for this but would be nice to see a better #2

overall (8.5): ur QB and RBs should carry u. i like them alot even if it was a smaller league. ur WRs greatly concern me tho, still for the size of the league its hard to know what to expect

good luck and please rate mine
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby illad3lph » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:04 am

You have a strong team. You have great RBs, with a lot of depth. Your QBs are a little bit of concern, more so due to Alex Smith. Romo will be good if he is healthy. You lack the WR depth as well. I am not a huge fan of Steve Smith, but love Brandon Marshall (bounceback year). I would try and trade shonn greene for a wr to get some additional help. He probably has more value than daniel thomas and you could get additional help. Your TE is decent, but in a 16 team league it does not matter as much unless you have the TOP TEs. Overall, you have a playoff team, but you need to fix some areas to ensure a championship.

Help me out viewtopic.php?t=494135
illad3lph
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby crimedoctor » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:50 am

QB: ROMO, Alex Smith-Solid for a 16-team league (even though I hate Smith)
RB: CJ2K, FORTE, SHONN GREENE, DANIEL THOMAS, Delone Carter=Spectacular for a 16 team league!! Wow!!
WR: BRANDON MARSHALL, STEVE SMITH (CAR), Denario Alexander, Jordan Shipley, Michael Jenkins-Yep, ....you're hurting here, ....Marshall is okay, ....I'm selling on Smith, ....I'm thinking Sims-Walker and Amendola will crush DA's potential, Shipley could work out, .....Jenkins is a likely early season dump to the WW
T: GRONKOWSKI-I like him
DEF: EAGLES-Excellent D, .....I'm NOT buying in to the 'dream team' hype for the offense, but this Defense will score BIG
K: CROSBY

You are one tricky step away from total domination. You KILLED he other owners with your RB picks, ....but you most likely spent too high on the TE, DEF, FGK spots, ....when you should have been targeting WR lottery tickets like Antonio Brown, Andre Roberts, Bess, Burleson, and an array of rookies. Don't get me wrong, ...I love Gronk, the Eagles, and Crosby, ....but if you watch for emerging surprise WR's, watch for decent WR's getting dumped to early for slow starts, ...etc. you will batter the other 15 teams severely with Romo, Marshall and those studly RB's.

I will give you an A, ....not too far from A+, ...considering the depth of the league. Nice job!

Please rate mine too at this link:
viewtopic.php?t=494034
crimedoctor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ramzstriker » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:12 pm

BUMP
SchiavoReevesConnection
14 Team PPR
QB: MATT STAFFORD