My 3 teams. Please rate. WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

My 3 teams. Please rate. WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

My 3 teams. Please rate. WHIR 100%

Postby mzkp54 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:49 pm

I'm in 3 leagues this year. Please rate as many teams as you're willing.

Team 1: 12 team, PPR, 6 point passing TD, inflated DST scoring. I picked 9th
QB- Roethlisberger
RB- Lesean McCoy, Tim Hightower
WR- Andre Johnson, Mike Williams (TB)
TE- Antonio Gates
WR/RB- Mike Tolbert
WR/TE- Julio Jones
K- Hanson (Det)
DST- NYJ

Bench:
Matt Cassel
Ryan Torain
Ronnie Brown
Hines Ward
Donald Driver
Jabar Gaffney
Brandon Pettigrew

Team 2: 12 team, non- PPR, standard scoring. I picked 4th

QB- Ryan
RB- Foster, Best
WR- Roddy White, VJax
RB/WR- BGE
TE- Finley
D- HOU
K- Cundiff

Bench:
McGahee
Tate
Flacco
Ochocinco
Green
Knox

Team 3- 10 team, non-PPR, standard scoring. 1st pick

QB- Ryan
RB- Peterson, Gore
WR- Nicks, Bowe
RB/WR- Ingram
TE- V Davis
K- Bironas
DST- Saints

Bench-
Stafford
F Jackson
Helu
Amendola
Plax
Evans

Thanks for the help. Please leave a link and I'll hit you back
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 241)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My 3 teams. Please rate. WHIR 100%

Postby Brian1220 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:35 pm

For your first draft: McCoy is great for PPR so nice there. Your starting line-up is very strong but your bench is a little weak. Especially if one of your running backs get hurt. Overall a very good starting line-up.

2nd Draft: This is a very strong line-up. Love the WRs. Looks like your RB depth is a little weak but I'm sure you can find a away to pick someone off the waiver wire. This is a very strong team though.

3rd Draft: I like this team a lot due to Peterson,Gore, Jackson and Ingram. I don't really like Bowe to much but he could have a decent year but its still up in the air. You do have some nice WR depth. Nice Team!!!

Please rate mine: viewtopic.php?t=494007
Brian1220
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:49 pm

from glance, team 1 is weakest among those three, but still competitive in your league and despite how much i love Steeler, i wouldn't be confident having big ben as my starter QB, normally it's because i don't have other option, i am guess that's same to you.

i like how your team 2 and team 3 is similar, i think that shows you have your drafting system that is consistent and know what you want, not just check cheat sheet and pick best available.

obviously QB is the same, both have good RB1 and WR1, but team 2 got strong WR2, and team 3 got strong RB2.

in team 2, only good backup RB is Tate, however, i think Derrick Ward is better option, even everyone is saying Tate Tate Tate. so you have BN strong in WR to try to backup your strong WRs, imo, you should focus on BN RB instead of BN WR, especially with foster injury, you really can't trust Best to be your RB1.

in team 3, your BN make much more sense, with 3 player that is viable WR3 or WR4 position to backup your starting WRs. and F Jax should be enough to backup AP and Gore. I also think Bowe will have a good year.

Team 3 vs Team 2, Team 3 win. because of team 3 BN work better with team 3 starter.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 234)

Postby MKau1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:22 pm

Team 1 looks really good, I think Roethlisberger is a good pick, when did you take him? Bench is probably the weakest area, and it's not too bad. I really like team 2, partly because I love how you have the Ryan/White combo (so do I), and also because I am debating on picking up Ben Tate as well. I really think he is going to end up being good to have, but you should look into upgrading your RB2 to increase depth. Best is a good choice, but a top-tier RB would fit nicely due to Foster's injury. Team 3 has some great starters, also like Stafford as backup QB. overall nicely done!
MKau1
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mzkp54 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:34 pm

MKau1 wrote:Team 1 looks really good, I think Roethlisberger is a good pick, when did you take him? Bench is probably the weakest area, and it's not too bad. I really like team 2, partly because I love how you have the Ryan/White combo (so do I), and also because I am debating on picking up Ben Tate as well. I really think he is going to end up being good to have, but you should look into upgrading your RB2 to increase depth. Best is a good choice, but a top-tier RB would fit nicely due to Foster's injury. Team 3 has some great starters, also like Stafford as backup QB. overall nicely done!

I drafted Big Ben in the 5th unfortunately. There was a run on QB's early and he was the last of the QB's I generally try to draft as a starter and I didn't want to miss on him. My first few rounds went:
1) Andre
2) McCoy
3)Gates
4) Williams
5) Roethlisberger
6) Hightower
7) Jones
8) Tolbert
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:45 pm

mzkp54 wrote:I'm in 3 leagues this year. Please rate as many teams as you're willing.

Team 1: 12 team, PPR, 6 point passing TD, inflated DST scoring. I picked 9th
QB- Roethlisberger
RB- Lesean McCoy, Tim Hightower
WR- Andre Johnson, Mike Williams (TB)
TE- Antonio Gates
WR/RB- Mike Tolbert
WR/TE- Julio Jones
K- Hanson (Det)
DST- NYJ

Bench:
Matt Cassel
Ryan Torain
Ronnie Brown
Hines Ward
Donald Driver
Jabar Gaffney
Brandon Pettigrew

Team 2: 12 team, non- PPR, standard scoring. I picked 4th

QB- Ryan
RB- Foster, Best
WR- Roddy White, VJax
RB/WR- BGE
TE- Finley
D- HOU
K- Cundiff

Bench:
McGahee
Tate
Flacco
Ochocinco
Green
Knox

Team 3- 10 team, non-PPR, standard scoring. 1st pick

QB- Ryan
RB- Peterson, Gore
WR- Nicks, Bowe
RB/WR- Ingram
TE- V Davis
K- Bironas
DST- Saints

Bench-
Stafford
F Jackson
Helu
Amendola
Plax
Evans

Thanks for the help. Please leave a link and I'll hit you back

Don't have time to do all your teams so I'll just do the first. Sorry. Your first team is pretty solid. That's pretty amazing you were able to get Lesean McCoy with the 9th pick, and then get Andre Johnson early in the 2nd round. You probably couldn't have asked for anything better. My guess is that Vick must have gone early, bumping McCoy down. I see Hightower having a nice year. NEVER DOUBT A MIKE SHANNAHAN RB. I learned that last year with Ryan Torain. Tolbert will either be very good this year, or a non factor. A lot of it depends on how Matthews does, and I have a feeling he will struggle again. Julio Jones should be good, but never depend too much on a rookie. And what do I have to say about Gates, if he stays healthy he is a top 2 TE. However, Planter Faschitis never really goes away. BOL with the season.
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mzkp54 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:51 pm

ICanGoAllTheWay wrote:Don't have time to do all your teams so I'll just do the first. Sorry. Your first team is pretty solid. That's pretty amazing you were able to get Lesean McCoy with the 9th pick, and then get Andre Johnson early in the 2nd round. You probably couldn't have asked for anything better. My guess is that Vick must have gone early, bumping McCoy down. I see Hightower having a nice year. NEVER DOUBT A MIKE SHANNAHAN RB. I learned that last year with Ryan Torain. Tolbert will either be very good this year, or a non factor. A lot of it depends on how Matthews does, and I have a feeling he will struggle again. Julio Jones should be good, but never depend too much on a rookie. And what do I have to say about Gates, if he stays healthy he is a top 2 TE. However, Planter Faschitis never really goes away. BOL with the season.

Thanks for the help. I actually got Andre with the 1st and Lesean with the 2nd pick surprisingly enough. I like Tolbert with less yards but more TD's, which I'm fine with
Last edited by mzkp54 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kaxx » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:56 pm

1st team:
I like your starters here, but your bench needs some work. Keep an eye on the waiver wire for better backups, otherwise solid for a 12 team league

2nd team:
Nice team here, don't see any real problems except backup RB's will be a problem unless injuries occur to your current backups starters. I'm not sold on Ryan yet, but not a bad choice for a 12 team league considering your other positions.

3rd team:
I don't like Bowe this year, but you have solid backups so play the WRBC each week and you should be alright. Again not sold On Ryan either, and this is a 10 team league so watch the waiver wire or hope Stafford plays good if Ryan isn't up to par.

Thanks for your help!!
kaxx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:14 pm

kaxx wrote:1st team:
I like your starters here, but your bench needs some work. Keep an eye on the waiver wire for better backups, otherwise solid for a 12 team league

2nd team:
Nice team here, don't see any real problems except backup RB's will be a problem unless injuries occur to your current backups starters. I'm not sold on Ryan yet, but not a bad choice for a 12 team league considering your other positions.

3rd team:
I don't like Bowe this year, but you have solid backups so play the WRBC each week and you should be alright. Again not sold On Ryan either, and this is a 10 team league so watch the waiver wire or hope Stafford plays good if Ryan isn't up to par.

Thanks for your help!!

Yeah I like Ryan this year, but understand he's less safe, which is why in both cases I went a little higher on a backup QB with big upside. Figure Stafford can put up as good/better numbers if he stays healthy and Flacco could step it up too. Thanks for the help!
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Roster Ratings