Rate this team please: WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate this team please: WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate this team please: WHIR

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Hey guys. 10 team standard scoring league. How do you guys think I did in the draft? Due to some draft pick trading, I wound up with both the 4th and 6th overall picks.

QB: Freeman (Bradford)

RB: Rice, Foster, Bradshaw (D. Thomas, McGahee)

WR: Colston, Harvin (S. Rice, S. Moss, Plaxico)

TE: Witten

D/ST: Eagles (Giants)

K: Crosby

All opinions are appreciated, thanks guys!
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate this team please: WHIR

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:57 pm

Da'Markus Russell wrote:Hey guys. 10 team standard scoring league. How do you guys think I did in the draft? Due to some draft pick trading, I wound up with both the 4th and 6th overall picks.

Thanks for helping on mine, now time to return the favor. Your team is solid. Freeman should be an automatic 17-25 pts a game QB. You may get some headaches from deciding who to start at QB though. Your RB core is just amazing. I have no idea how you got Rice and Foster. And Bradshaw is a damn good RB3. Your WR's are ehhh....I'm not crazy about them, but they should get the job done. I'm not a huge Colston fan just because Brees spreads the ball around so much, but Harvin should have a nice year with Donnovan. Curious to see how Harvin will do w/o S. Rice, but Sidney would open up so much of the field for Percy when he was there. Your starting lineup is good, but your depth isn't great at RB. If Foster's hammy does act up, you may be in a little trouble seeing that your backup RB's aren't even starters on their team. Hope this helped, and Good Luck on the Season!
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:15 pm

ICanGoAllTheWay wrote:
Da'Markus Russell wrote:Hey guys. 10 team standard scoring league. How do you guys think I did in the draft? Due to some draft pick trading, I wound up with both the 4th and 6th overall picks.

Thanks for helping on mine, now time to return the favor. Your team is solid. Freeman should be an automatic 17-25 pts a game QB. You may get some headaches from deciding who to start at QB though. Your RB core is just amazing. I have no idea how you got Rice and Foster. And Bradshaw is a damn good RB3. Your WR's are ehhh....I'm not crazy about them, but they should get the job done. I'm not a huge Colston fan just because Brees spreads the ball around so much, but Harvin should have a nice year with Donnovan. Curious to see how Harvin will do w/o S. Rice, but Sidney would open up so much of the field for Percy when he was there. Your starting lineup is good, but your depth isn't great at RB. If Foster's hammy does act up, you may be in a little trouble seeing that your backup RB's aren't even starters on their team. Hope this helped, and Good Luck on the Season!

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to get an upgrade at WR since I personally hate Colston and have no idea why I drafted him (probably panicked while on the clock). I'm thinking of offering someone Bradshaw straight up for Miles Austin, and am confident he'll accept because of his horrible RB situation. I'd then find a way to deal Colston to someone for an RB. Does Austin for Bradshaw sound like a good deal to you?
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby dude,micah » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:21 pm

ICanGoAllTheWay wrote:

Dont know how you pulled this one off man pretty stacked QBs are nice but not always a guarantee somewhat unpredictable at WR I grabbed harvin as well but might want to consider berrian because one or the other is going to blow up colston is alway hit or miss with the way brees spreads the ball around, Not loving sidney rice at all I see the seahawks falling apart, Plaxico is gonna be comeback of the year and a must start so you are ok, dont know how you pulled off both of those stellar D's as well Migt want to consider trading one as you do not need to harbor two and you can get a good package deal for a elite reciever or decent QB, Nice draft mad props

viewtopic.php?t=494278
QB: Philip Rivers
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Miles Austin
RB: Tim Hightower
TE: Brandon Pettigrew
WR/RB/TE: Kenny Britt
K: Alex Henery
DEF: Detroit
Bench
RB:Mark Ingram
WR: Percy Harvin
RB:CJ spiller
QB: Chad Henne
dude,micah
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Da'Markus Russell wrote:
ICanGoAllTheWay wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to get an upgrade at WR since I personally hate Colston and have no idea why I drafted him (probably panicked while on the clock). I'm thinking of offering someone Bradshaw straight up for Miles Austin, and am confident he'll accept because of his horrible RB situation. I'd then find a way to deal Colston to someone for an RB. Does Austin for Bradshaw sound like a good deal to you?

Yeah I know what you mean. I did the same with Stevie Johnson. Going into the draft he was a guy I kind of wanted to stay away from, but when the clock is winding down you make dumb decisions. If you can get a pretty good WR for Bradshaw, then do it, but make sure you can get rid of Colston for a RB, because if not then you have a big problem. I'm just not sure how much you can get for Colston, just because I think word is out that he has had 3 surgeries and is playing on a team where nobody knows which WR will get the touches. But BOL!
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Irish Drunk » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:57 am

Solid team. 3 starting RB's are the strength of this squad no doubt. 2 young QB's with plenty of upside, I'd still prefer to have one young guy and one veteran to be safe. WR's could use some work. Colston and the knees worry me. Who knows what to expect with Plaxico. S. Rice may struggle with no viable QB passing to him. To a lesser extent Harvin and Moss in similar situations as Rice but should do okay.

If you had to choose a position to be weak in, it would be WR, as there are always plenty of options on the waiver wire each year.
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mongo366 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:38 am

I agree that it was a steal to get both Rice and Foster. I'm not a big Freeman fan, but love the backup in Bradford. Your WRs could definitely use some work, maybe you could possibly package Rice or Foster with Colston to another team for a stud receiver and a slight downgrade at RB (MJD, Mendenhall, McCoy). Overall, good drafting.

Take a look at my post if you have a sec: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=494402

Thanks!
mongo366
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings