10 team PPR w/4 IDPs. How did I do? WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 team PPR w/4 IDPs. How did I do? WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 team PPR w/4 IDPs. How did I do? WHIR!

Postby Bushroot » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:17 pm

This league is a group of my friends with varying levels of skill. I'd say it's 50/50 serious/casual players. I got the 8th spot. Before I go into the roster, a bit about the scoring and roster restrictions, which should clarify the results.

Outside of PPR, scoring is fairly standard, but although we only have 4 IDPs playing, they are valuable since tackles are 1.5 points each. (Big plays are slightly more than standard, but not nearly enough to skew my rankings, so I based my selections on tackles.) To put it in perspective, last year Jerod Mayo was the 11th highest scoring player in the league. This is the first year any of us have been playing with IDPs.

Rosters are restricted to 4 RBs, 4 WRs, 3 QBs, 3 TEs. Don't ask me why, I think it's stupid. Early in the draft I figured out that most of the teams noticed this and so were waiting on RBs and WRs since they figured they would fall since nobody could really load up. They were right, but I took the opposite strategy. I wanted 4 (potential) studs on my roster, especially since I thought QB and TE were deep enough to wait on until I saw good value.

I'm fairly confident in my team, but I feel it's somewhat boom/bust, so I'm curious what others think. Here's the roster, with the round I took them in:

QB Matt Ryan (8)
RB Darren McFadden (2)
RB Matt Forte (3)
RB/WR DeAngelo Williams (6)
WR Andre Johnson (1)
WR Dwayne Bowe (4)
WR/TE Brandon Marshall (5)
TE Aaron Hernandez (12)
LB Lawrence Timmons (9)
DL Terrell Suggs (13)
DB Tyvon Branch (14)
DP David Hawthorne (16)
K Shaun Suisham (19)
BN Mark Ingram (7)
BN Julio Jones (9)
BN Matthew Stafford (11)
BN Dustin Keller (15)
BN Lance Kendricks (17)
BN Barrett Ruud (18)

Leave a link and I will gladly rate your team or answer your question!
Bushroot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 team PPR w/4 IDPs. How did I do? WHIR!

Postby hooligan1 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:27 pm

I like your team a lot. I agree that you have quite a few instances of boom/bust potential. A number of guys where there is going to be no middle ground; either they're really good or really bad. You got some beasts on defense. I like that you grabbed Timmons a tad earlier than your other IDP's. Nothing wrong with that. If you want a guy and think he's gonna be good, ya gotta get after him. Barring injury, every one of your IDP's could finish in the top 5 for their position. I think you got nice offensive depth as well. Nice job snagging Ryan in the 8th. You simply don't need to jump early on QB this season. There are so many good ones out there. You may have some issues at TE, but the two you grabbed both have some upside.

Nice draft! ;-D

hooligan1

check out and rate my team......viewtopic.php?f=341&t=494165
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings