9th place draft, rate me I'll rate you!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

9th place draft, rate me I'll rate you!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

9th place draft, rate me I'll rate you!!

Postby kaxx » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:33 pm

12 team league, 9th place draft

QB's get 6 pts for TD's (not 4) and 1 pts for 15 yards, (not the usual 20 or 25 yards), in a nutshell QB's are gold in this league.

No PPR, and normal Yahoo points for most everything else that matters.

Also have 1 (one) total Flex spot

1 QB
Tony Romo
Matthew Stafford

2 RB/FLEX
Peyton Hillis
Lesean McCoy
Reggie Bush
Fred Jackson
Bernard Scott

3 WR/FLEX
Brandon Lloyd
Santonio Holmes
Julio Jones
AJ Green
Lee Evans

1 TE/FLEX
Rob Gronkowski
Dustin Keller

1 K, 1 TD, 3 DP
Shaun Suisham
Atlanta
Terrell Suggs
Matt Shaughnessy
Yeremiah Bell
Tyvon Branch
James Laurinaitis

Rate me and I'll rate you back unless it's too late, then I'll getcha tomorrow!!

Thanks
kaxx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 9th place draft, rate me I'll rate you!!

Postby mzkp54 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:37 pm

WR is clearly the weakness, although that is much easier to overcome since its not PPR. QB and RB look great, but in WR at least one of your starters is gonna be a player I prefer to see on the bench. However, with a QB heavy league and strong RB's, I still think you're in fine shape.

Good luck!

Lend a hand with my teams? They're in my sig
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby kaxx » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:03 pm

mzkp54 wrote:WR is clearly the weakness, although that is much easier to overcome since its not PPR. QB and RB look great, but in WR at least one of your starters is gonna be a player I prefer to see on the bench. However, with a QB heavy league and strong RB's, I still think you're in fine shape.

Good luck!

Lend a hand with my teams? They're in my sig

Yeah, I agree with you on the WR's, although the bottom 3 WR's (the ones you would have on your bench) do have a positive upside/high ceiling. I just needed that top 6 QB, and Romo fell to me.

I plan to watch the Waiver wire like a hawk to track down that 3rd WR if they don't pan out, they are usually the easiest to find in my league.

Thanks, and i gotcha back already.

Good Luck
kaxx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:30 pm

overall solid team. Awesome QBs and RBs. Feel like your WRs are a bit weak but workable.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bolthead04 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:38 pm

sadlyajetsfan wrote:overall solid team. Awesome QBs and RBs. Feel like your WRs are a bit weak but workable.

That's about how I see it. I'm actually a little higher on your WR's than most of the posters, and a little lower on your RB's. If you keep a sharp eye on the wire, you should be able to cover any deficiencies your team reveals. I like it, especially with Romo as your starter and Stafford as your backup in a QB heavy league.

viewtopic.php?t=494350

Cheers!
Bolthead04
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby riptown » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:25 am

I like your WRS more than your backs, I dont think Hillis repeats what he did last year and jackson is gonna get passed by Spiller. Mccoy is beast it as long as he stays healty. Romo and Stafford are great choices and gonna b hard on which to go with every week. Loyd lead the league in recieving yrds last year but no respect but he is solid to me and holmes is solid also. I give you a B- on the club. GL and please check my team out.

viewtopic.php?t=494340
riptown
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby 43joe34 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:50 am

I really like your team. Your whole team is solid other than a few ? At WR you have 2 #1 on their teams, 2 rookies, and a # 2 being lee Evans
I myself have santonio Holmes on my team keep him and Lloyd
From the 2 rookies I would defiantly keep Julio jones over AJ green
Im not so sure about Evans
I think if your leauge does trades you could trade stafford and either Julio AJ or Evans and get a QB that isn't as good as stafford and a WR that's much better than either of those 3. Just an idea. Also if you choose to trade try to offer the trade to a team that isn't very strong at QB.
please rate my team: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=494430
43joe34
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby kaxx » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:45 am

Thanks guys for your input. It seems like I'm getting mixed responses for my RB's and WR's, but everyone likes my QB's which is the main thing in this league. I myself don't really know what to think of my WR's and RB's either. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bernard Scott emerge and become a top 10 back from the point of the season when he starts (fingers crossed here, lol). I think he was well worth the round 15 draft.

Theres a couple of you that didn't leave me a link for me to rate your teams. Let me know where your post is and I'll rate them for you.

Thanks again, and keep them coming.
kaxx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Irish Drunk » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:11 am

QB's ;-D
RB's :-t I think your delusional about Scott. I despise Reggie Bush because he's cost me much angst and I think Hillis was a bit of a fluke last year.
WR's I like the upside there even though there is risk with the 2 rookies. I got a feeling both will perform well this year though. Evans could be resurgent. Flacco has a strong arm and Evans can still move.
TE's Not sure here. I'm not comfortable with having those 2 as my guys.
K - scary. Drop that guy he's horrible.
DEF - OK I guess
DP - Two of the best fantasy DB's and an up and coming LB. ;-D
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Postby mongo366 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:20 am

I agree with the thought that your WRs are stronger than your RBs, but no matter what all of them are servicable/competitive. The only position where you have a below-average starter is at TE. I think this is a good 12-team league roster and you should hold your own.

If you can, please take look at my post: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=494402

Thanks!
mongo366
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Roster Ratings