Anyone worried about Jamaal Charles' pre-season? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone worried about Jamaal Charles' pre-season?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Anyone worried about Jamaal Charles' pre-season?

Postby spodog » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Favre.com wrote:
iloveny18 wrote:3 of my Rb's that were drafted early all injured and Charles out for the year just puts icing on the cake. Sucks that my fantasy year is already over in week 2 :~(

Exactly how I feel. I was already VERY thing at RB with Charles the only true proven back on the roster, now I am plugging in guys like Brandon Jacobs in hopes of vulturing some TDs to at least salvage the season.

Don't give up hope. There are going to be a lot of injuries this year (more than normal) and a lot of opportunity to improve your team and get back in the running.

Last year, you might have thouht your season was toast after 2 weeks, but you were still in front of the oppotunity to stay alert and go acquire Peyton Hillis, Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis and LaGarette Blount, who were all very likely on your waiver wire as of Week 2.

Part of the fun of this is trying to get a leg up on the other guys, who will also suffer from injuries.

The 2011 versions of those guys are out there right now waiting for you to make your move and salvage your season.

Go start kicking dead wood off the end of your bench and load up on prospects who have potentially high ceilings while you still can.

Go get the guys waiting in the wings for the next big injury: Delone Carter, Javon Ringer and Kendall Hunter (and others)

or go get the guys who looked like monsters in the preseason, but just need an opening now: Tawain Jones, Anthony Allen (and others)

At least 2 or 3 of these guys will bust out this year, but you have to have a few of them on your bench to be in the game!

Or you can PM me for a possibly even better pick up. ;-D

Or you can just throw in the towel.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk