How Did I Do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

How Did I Do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How Did I Do?

Postby rotoquest » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:35 am

I've never done fantasy football before, and I had the 6th pick in a 12 team standard non-ppr espn league. I'm worried as I did not pick up a kicker or another defense/st for my bench, but thought that the position players would help more. Should I start addai or bush?

Starting:
QB Matt Ryan, Atl 8
RB LeSean McCoy, Phi 7
RB Felix Jones, Dal 5
Flex (RB/WR) Joseph Addai, Ind 11
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari 6
WR Dwayne Bowe, KC 6
TE Jimmy Graham, NO 11
Defense/Special Team Jets D/ST 5
Kicker Matt Bryant, Atl 8

Bench:
QB Kevin Kolb Ari 6
RB Reggie Bush Mia 5
RB Willis McGahee Den 6
WR Mike Sims-Walker StL 5
WR Danny Amendola StL 5
WR Nate Burleson Det 9
TE Lance Kendrick StL 5
rotoquest
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How Did I Do?

Postby mongo366 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:45 am

For never playing fantasy football before, you killed it. I love McCoy and Felix (curious what round you picked him up) and your recivers should stand-up to anyone you face. Matt ryan is due for an outstanding year and I like his backup in Kolb. I agree that your biggest question is what to do about your flex position and I think it is going to change week to week depending on matchups. I am honestly a little bit uncomfortable with the entire Colts offense with the threat of Manning being out, so I would probably lean towards Bush until the Colt offense can prove itself without Manning.

Even though you are new to the fantasy football game, I would love to get your fresh perspective on my league. I'm trying to figure out who has the best team:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=494402

Thanks!
mongo366
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 43joe34 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:19 pm

If you really are new to fantasy football then you must have done your home work because this team is a home run a slam dunk a 97 yard kickoff return for a td.. What ever you want to call it this team Is amazing! Your starters are all great. My only concern is without Peyton manning the colts won't have a passing game and adaai will get blitzd alot. I like bush but I'm not sure how many touches he will get because he's sharing reps with other backs. Personally I would start mike sims walker at the flex spot. He is the #1 WR in st.Louis and Sam Bradford the stl QB is looking great. Other than that you have a great shot at winning the leauge!
please rate my team: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=494430
43joe34
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rotoquest » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:26 pm

43joe34 wrote:If you really are new to fantasy football then you must have done your home work because this team is a home run a slam dunk a 97 yard kickoff return for a td.. What ever you want to call it this team Is amazing! Your starters are all great. My only concern is without Peyton manning the colts won't have a passing game and adaai will get blitzd alot. I like bush but I'm not sure how many touches he will get because he's sharing reps with other backs. Personally I would start mike sims walker at the flex spot. He is the #1 WR in st.Louis and Sam Bradford the stl QB is looking great. Other than that you have a great shot at winning the leauge!

Thanks man. I have done fantasy baseball for 8 years, but I really am new to fantasy football, and I did do my homework. I like the advice about mike sims-walker.
rotoquest
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings