My team and some questions. Please respond. Thanks! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

My team and some questions. Please respond. Thanks!

Moderator: Football Moderators

My team and some questions. Please respond. Thanks!

Postby 43joe34 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:39 pm

I am in a 10 team leauge with some friends and the roster settings have to all be the same so everyone has 2 QBs 3 RBs 5 WRs 2 TEs 2 DEFs and 2 Ks
Then we all start 1 QB 2 RBs 3 WRs 1 TE 1 def and 1 K
Right now my starters are
QB- Tony romo (Dal)
RB- Chris Johnson (Ten) and Felix jones (Dal)
Wr- Vincent Jackson (SD), Brandon marshal (Mia) and santonio Holmes (nyj)
TE- Jimmy graham (NO)
Def- Pittsburg
K- Alex henery (Phi)
Bench
QB- Donovan McNabb (Min)
RB- jahvid best (Det)
WR- mike Thomas (Jac) michael crabtree (sf)
TE- Heath miller (pit)
Def- Philly
K- Ryan longwell

Is Felix a good start because I'm also starting romo?
Should I drop crabtree for a wavier like Antonio brown (pit)?
could I trade Philly def and say one of my TEs for a better TE and a lesser def?
Or should I trade Philly and Felix for a better option at RB and a lesser def
Any other advice would be greatly aretiated. Thanks!
please rate my team: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=494430
43joe34
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: My team and some questions

Postby kaxx » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:08 pm

43joe34 wrote:I am in a 10 team leauge with some friends and the roster settings have to all be the same so everyone has 2 QBs 3 RBs 5 WRs 2 TEs 2 DEFs and 2 Ks
Then we all start 1 QB 2 RBs 3 WRs 1 TE 1 def and 1 K
Right now my starters are
QB- Tony romo (Dal)
RB- Chris Johnson (Ten) and Felix jones (Dal)
Wr- Vincent Jackson (SD), Brandon marshal (Mia) and santonio Holmes (nyj)
TE- Jimmy graham (NO)
Def- Pittsburg
K- Alex henery (Phi)
Bench
QB- Donovan McNabb (Min)
RB- jahvid best (Det)
WR- mike Thomas (Jac) michael crabtree (sf)
TE- Heath miller (pit)
Def- Philly
K- Ryan longwell

Is Felix a good start because I'm also starting romo?
Should I drop crabtree for a wavier like Antonio brown (pit)?
could I trade Philly def and say one of my TEs for a better TE and a lesser def?
Or should I trade Philly and Felix for a better option at RB and a lesser def
Any other advice would be greatly aretiated. Thanks!

Good looking team here, and Yes starting Felix/Romo would be more consistent than starting Romo/Austin (or another reciever from Dallas). You should get steady overall total points from both of them combined (If dallas can't pass, they will run, vice versa).

I do not like Crabtree, he is a skilled player with a decent ceiling but little experience and he seems all about the money with poor work ethics or injuries from what little I know about him, and his QB remains a question mark, so yes drop him for almost anyone you can find that seems a better fit. I doubt anyone would take a DEF with another player for trade (perhaps try Crabtree instead of DEF??). Trading has always been difficult for me, so good luck with that, but don't hold your breath and if there is someone on the waiver wire that looks tempting, you might go ahead and grab him instead of wasting perhaps a week or more trying different trade strategies that may end up not working.

It's too bad you have to have 2 DEF's and 2 Kickers, seems a bit unnecessary to me....but u gotta do what u gotta do. But if it's OK to drop them now that the draft is over, do so!!

Good luck!!
kaxx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: My team and some questions. Please respond. Thanks!

Postby ilikeike » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:16 pm

I play in a 16 team league, so I am rather envious of you right now, but this roster seems pretty good to me. I'd probably let it ride a week or two before making any moves.
That said, if you think you could package the philly D and Felix Jones for a second RB1, I'd probably go for it. I'd imagine the Steelers would keep the Eagles on your bench for most of the year, but thats a pretty strong D to keep out of play. Just look for someone who has a bad defense with a good matchup week 11
ilikeike
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby gmcman22 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:19 pm

In week 1, where Dallas is going against the Jets, you could be in trouble starting both Romo and F. Jones. I might start Best in week one instead, as they are going against a TB defense that isn't as stout as the Jets. Obviously I have no idea how it'll play out, but that seems risky to me.

Also don't like crabtree. In this format, I bet there are other WR available that would be an upgrade.

I like your situation with TE, K, DST. Often these get overlooked, but a lot of points can be scored by playing the right match ups.
gmcman22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby jinxx » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Good looking team - not a lot to say. I am personally a big fan of Jimmy Graham ...I don't think you need to touch him.

Agreed about what they said above with Crabtree but im not sure if you could package him into some trade or not.

If you have a minute:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=494431
jinxx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby rotoquest » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:19 pm

I like your team alright the way that it is. However, I am a big fan of trading if you can increase the power of you starting lineup. I have done fantasy baseball for 8 years and I have always traded to increase the stats of the starting lineup. Good luck and thanks for the help with mine.
rotoquest
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings