RB/WR Flex help!!!! WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

RB/WR Flex help!!!! WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB/WR Flex help!!!! WHIR!

Postby GTOon19Z » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:23 pm

I am in a 12 team PPR one w/r flex spot open. My starting lineup looks like this:

QB: Eli
WR: Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall
RB: Ray Rice, Matt Forte
W/R: ?
TE: Jimmy Graham

who do i start at flex?

Manningham @ WAS
Stevie Johnson @ KC
Amendola @ PHI
Benson @ CLE
Pierre Thomas @ GB

help please!!! Thanks!
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB/WR Flex help!!!! WHIR!

Postby Ariel Mizrahi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:27 pm

So the FLEX is reserved for either Steve Johnson, Manningham and Benson.

Manningham will have a GREAT year, every game that Nicks gets double coverage he will have minimum 100 yards, when no one gets double coverage, Manningham will have a good day (around 70 yards, maybe a TD) and believe me, Nicks will get double coverage a lot!!.

Please Help,
viewtopic.php?t=494452
Ariel Mizrahi
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Voodoo » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Manningham. He should be great all year, especially in PPR!
Voodoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby basstraveler » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:19 pm

as much as i love Stevie, gotta go with Manningham on week 1. very debatable though, imo.

viewtopic.php?t=494477 if you will
basstraveler
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mase088 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Stevie or Manningham for sure. Gotta wait and see what NO does with their backs before I give Thomas the nod. I like Stevie a little more because I think he is going to see the ball in the red zone more, and as he demonstrated in the preseason, he can be a deep threat also.
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Spanky994 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:40 pm

I am a Stevie fan on this one....but I bet the difference in Manningham and him is 2-5 points either way.....I just see him getting a touchdown....and Manningham maybe not getting one.
but I am wrong alot....
Spanky994
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheBlueCurtain23 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:47 pm

GTOon19Z wrote:I am in a 12 team PPR one w/r flex spot open. My starting lineup looks like this:

who do i start at flex?

Manningham @ WAS
Stevie Johnson @ KC
Amendola @ PHI
Benson @ CLE
Pierre Thomas @ GB

help please!!! Thanks!

Manningham all day.
TheBlueCurtain23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:57 pm

GTOon19Z wrote:I am in a 12 team PPR one w/r flex spot open. My starting lineup looks like this:

who do i start at flex?

Manningham @ WAS
Stevie Johnson @ KC
Amendola @ PHI
Benson @ CLE
Pierre Thomas @ GB

help please!!! Thanks!

Ok I'm going to really throw you for a loop here. This is just me though, so you don't have to listen to me. I would bench Marshall and Wayne and put in Johnson and Manningham. And then make Benson your W/R. Reggie Wayne is a good WR, but we have only known him as being a good WR with one QB, and that's Peyton Manning. I don't trust the Colts, especially since Collins has only been with them for about a month. And as for B Marshall, I wouldn't play him until he shows he can produce. People constantly made the mistake last year of starting him, yet he never proved himself. Not to mention Chad Henne is his QB. Both Manningham and Stevie Johnson have better QB's throwing to them than Marshall and Wayne. And I like Benson against CLE. CInci may really suck, but Benson is going to touch the ball around 25 times a game, because he is all they have.

Help Me Out:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=494491
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby GTOon19Z » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:51 pm

ICanGoAllTheWay wrote:

who do i start at flex?

Manningham @ WAS
Stevie Johnson @ KC
Amendola @ PHI
Benson @ CLE
Pierre Thomas @ GB

help please!!! Thanks!

Ok I'm going to really throw you for a loop here. This is just me though, so you don't have to listen to me. I would bench Marshall and Wayne and put in Johnson and Manningham. And then make Benson your W/R. Reggie Wayne is a good WR, but we have only known him as being a good WR with one QB, and that's Peyton Manning. I don't trust the Colts, especially since Collins has only been with them for about a month. And as for B Marshall, I wouldn't play him until he shows he can produce. People constantly made the mistake last year of starting him, yet he never proved himself. Not to mention Chad Henne is his QB. Both Manningham and Stevie Johnson have better QB's throwing to them than Marshall and Wayne. And I like Benson against CLE. CInci may really suck, but Benson is going to touch the ball around 25 times a game, because he is all they have.

Help Me Out:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=494491

Interesting scenario you pose to me...

However, Stevie is going up against a pretty tough pass defense in KC, and although Wayne probably won't have Manning, he should catch some balls against HOU's D. Now, I know that they've revamped their defense a bit, and Wade Phillips is at the controls there now...it's a very weird situation cause Marshall is rest the only one I can make a valid point for to start. He has Henne, but with the same QB and a less dynamic running game last year, he still grabbed plenty of passes, good for top 3 in the league. It's also evident him and Henne are on the same page this year, and his three TD count should definitely improve.

Benson was a 13th round STEAL, but i want to see him in action before I make that decision.

What about this:
WR: Marshall, Manningham
W/R: Stevie Johnson

Thoughts everyone?????
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)

Postby JC.89 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:02 pm

In PPR, gotta go with Stevie Johnson against the Chiefs. He's your best talent, and Fred Jackson probably won't do much on the ground. Benson has a good match-up, but I'm wearing of starting Bengals players right now. Even against the Browns, chances are the defense is going to call blitz, blitz, and more blitz against Dalton.

viewtopic.php?t=494624
JC.89
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench