Worth protesting Bryant/Manningham FOR Mathews/Burress? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Worth protesting Bryant/Manningham FOR Mathews/Burress?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Worth protesting Bryant/Manningham FOR Mathews/Burress?

Postby taw856 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Trade made and accepted the day after the draft between two owners, one of whom took Dez Bryant in the fourth round and Mario Manningham in the sixth round AND the other of whom took Ryan Mathews in the fifth round and Plaxico Burress in the tenth round.

Lopsided enough to be worth fighting?

Personally, I think it's a slightly unfair trade made more ridiculous by the fact that it's happening one day after the owner who wants Mathews/Burress could have simply selected those players with his earlier picks in the draft (and thus annoys me that the other guy gets two starting WRs for players on his bench). But I can't decide whether it's worth lobbying to veto it: On the one hand the earlier a trade happens the more time for it to impact the league, on the other hand it's not so egregious as to make me necessarily want to be the main one marshaling opposition.

Thoughts?
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Worth protesting Bryant/Manningham FOR Mathews/Burress?

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:07 pm

I do not think it is worth fighting over. I do not believe in vetos unless there is collusion involved. If you are the LM or Co-LM I suggest emailing the owners to see what there reason for doing the trade. I think vetos just hurt the league.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions