12-team non-PPR, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12-team non-PPR, WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

12-team non-PPR, WHIR

Postby Delhomme17 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Only 2 deviations from a standard 12-team league:

1) INT's are -1 instead of -2.

2) Even though it's a 12 team league, we start 2 QB's. Each owner can only hold 2 current starters at once, so at most 24 of the 32 starters are owned at once. You can hold guys as handcuffs, just not 3 NFL starters; for instance, you could own Peyton, Brees, and Collins or even Peyton, Brees, and Clausen (I just threw up in my mouth), but NOT Peyton, Brees, and Vick. During byes, you can drop a bench player to pick up a plug-and-play QB.

I had the first pick in our snake draft and took Rice at the last minute over Charles. AP and Foster worry me a bit re: injuries, and CJ2K was the 5th guy on my board. I think Rice will get a ton more goal line touches this year than in years past with McGahee out of the way, while Charles still has to deal with that vulturing POS Thomas Jones and Idiot of the Century Todd Haley. A couple other reasons I chose Rice: 1) I think Flacco will stretch the field more frequently and thus up the run game since Evans is a deep threat (even though he sucks), and 2) Even though Rice already catches a lot of balls, I think he'll get a handful more looks this year with safety-net Heap out of the way.

OK, enough rambling. On to my roster:

QB: Romo
QB: Schaub
RB: Rice
RB: Forte
WR: Colston
WR: Harvin
WR: Ward
TE: Gates
WR/RB/TE: PT Cruiser
K: Folk
DST: Chargers
BN: Amendola
BN: Knox
BN: Woodhead
BN: Greg Little
BN: Zach Miller
BN: James Jones (put a waiver claim on Chester Taylor that would see me drop Jones)

Let me know what you think and link me if you'd like me to take a look at your roster. Thanks in advance for the input.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 511)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12-team non-PPR, WHIR

Postby robotninja » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:34 pm

I fully agree with all of your thoughts on Ray Rice and will add that Vonta Leach is now lead blocking for him. I took Rice 4th overall.

I like the team that you put together, the only thing that scares me is Colston is too injury prone and plays in an offense with a lot of good receivers. Hopefully Colston has a great first few weeks (only not against GB) and you can trade him for an upgrade at WR.

thoughts on mine.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=494591
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 29)

Re: 12-team non-PPR, WHIR

Postby kaxx » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:03 pm

I agree with you as well about Rice, I woulda done the same thing. I see a career year coming from an already stud!!

Romo and Schaub, Very good
Rice Forte, Excellent
Colston Harvin Ward, not very good, I don't like any of those but like Harvin the most
Gates, Good (prolly shoulda waited on TE and grabbed a WR instead)
PT, strongly dislike. Not with whats his name the rookie (brain fart)
Chargers, Folk, they won't win the league for you but D's and K's rarely do

The rest...well your WR's are the weakest link, and week depth (bench) as well. You need to add some depth to your RB's as well. Maybe you could "swindle" a trade of some sort from PT

I dont like Haley either, I live close to KC and can't seem to get their fans to agree with me on that.....I AM NOT a KC fan of any sort, go Rams!!

And don't throw up in your mouth anymore, that made me throw up in mine.

Can you rate me (not my sig):

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=494609
kaxx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings