RB Question - Need to drop 1 and pick up 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

RB Question - Need to drop 1 and pick up 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB Question - Need to drop 1 and pick up 1

Postby Justin Gates » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:07 pm

I obviously have Ricky Williams on my roster, but since ive heard that Ray Rice will be the goal line back, im considering picking up Ryan Torain (who is a free agent at the moment). Was wondering if anyone think that is a viable move? And if so, should I drop Williams and pick up Torain or would it be wiser to drop Greg Olsen?

Thanks guys!
QB: Drew Brees, Matt Stafford
RB: Jamal Charles, Matt Forte, Joseph Addai, LT, Ricky Williams
WR: Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin, Brandon Lloyd, Plaxico, Hines Ward
TE: Vernon Davis, Greg Olsen
K: Janikowski
DST: Steelers
Justin Gates
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB Question - Need to drop 1 and pick up 1

Postby Smackola » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Ben Tate(HOU) is a good pickup with Arian Foster's injury prone and he is good..

Chester Taylor going to Arizona is big, AZ doesn't seem to be a Big beanie fan and this could result in big things for Chester Taylor.

Deji Karim - MJD is really injury prone, and now that Jennings is out for the season he could be a huge pickup... I try to stay away from Jaguar players though..

Washington has too much depth imho, I think Torain is good, but they love Hightower..
Smackola
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby garretterik » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:07 am

I don't know why you would take a risk on Torain. I heard he wasn't cut, but was listed as the third back on the depth charge. I would rather have Ricky who at least is a Ray Rice injury away from potential production. I am not a big fan of owning two TE's. I would look to trade Olsen before the season starts and people realize he has a rookie throwing to him.
Help me:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=494638
garretterik
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 29)

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:15 am

garretterik wrote:I don't know why you would take a risk on Torain. I heard he wasn't cut, but was listed as the third back on the depth charge. I would rather have Ricky who at least is a Ray Rice injury away from potential production. I am not a big fan of owning two TE's. I would look to trade Olsen before the season starts and people realize he has a rookie throwing to him.
Help me:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=494638

Completely agree. ;-D

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=494583
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dblj9911 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:19 am

First I would keep Olsen, he was Chicago's leading reciever last year in a offense that didn't really use the te and he could become Newton best friend. I don't see Torain doing much, unless injuries hit in Wash. I also like the pick up of Tate, if Foster pulls his hammy again he could be in for some big numbers. I would dump Ricky, I haven't heard much good from him, he as looked his age since being there. Good luck.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:21 am

dblj9911 wrote:First I would keep Olsen, he was Chicago's leading reciever last year in a offense that didn't really use the te and he could become Newton best friend. I don't see Torain doing much, unless injuries hit in Wash. I also like the pick up of Tate, if Foster pulls his hammy again he could be in for some big numbers. I would dump Ricky, I haven't heard much good from him, he as looked his age since being there. Good luck.

Actually Johnny Knox was Chicago's leading receiver last year. Olsen was 5th in receptions.
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions