Helpful tips for draft success - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Helpful tips for draft success

Moderator: Football Moderators

Helpful tips for draft success

Postby c0megets0me » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Hello to all that decided to take the time to read this. I would like to start off by saying that I've been playing fantasy football for about ten years now. In those years I have learned several things that have constantly put me in the playoffs year after year.
I would say the single most important thing is research and I don't mean buying a $10 magazine that"s full of outdated and overpriced information, The Internet has an endless supply of free up to date information. If you really want to succeed, you have to be willing to put in the countless hours of research. Which is worth it when you have bragging rights over all your friends and co workers.
It all starts with the draft, here your going to either blow it or give your self a shot. Your not going to win your league on draft day, but you could very well lose on draft day with just a couple of blown picks. Dont go into the draft with your heart set on players, you have to draft value picks. If a player falls a round later than projected and you grab them, you just got a bargain. Drafting is nothing more than bargain shopping. The more bargains you get the more likely you are to succeed. Always remember this.....your early picks CAN lose your league, but the late picks CAN win your league. Do alot of mock drafts......ALOT! I usually do at least 50 mock drafts from all different spots. this will give you a good feel for how your draft is gonna go and will help you realize when you see a bargain. Also dont have your heart set on a particular position, be flexible and take the value pick. Now thats not to say draft 3 Qb's back to back, but dont be afraid to take that 3rd RB when you only have 1 wr. I dont care what anyone else says, never take a Kicker or Defense before the last 2 rounds. If other teams want to, let them and keep drafting WR's and RB's you never know when your gonna hit the jackpot with one of those picks.
I know this got a little long but to tell you the truth I just scratched the surface. I just hope this can be useful to at least one person. I also plan on writing some Helpful Trading tips. Good luck on your upcoming drafts.
Last edited by c0megets0me on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Helpfull tips for draft success

Postby redskinram » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:04 am

Nice. Looking forward to the trade strategy.
redskinram
Monday Morning Quarterback

Helpfull tips for draft success

Postby mixawy late » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:53 am

Me too want to taught The successfuly strategy :-) :-)
mixawy late

Postby c0megets0me » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:24 pm

ty...........would say good luck but now you dont need luck..............You got SKILLZ!
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fastlane1051 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:57 pm

any more helpful tips?
fastlane1051

Postby c0megets0me » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:59 pm

YUP......Helpfull tips for TRADING success is in the making.
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Beginner's Forum