1st ever auction draft - how did I do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

1st ever auction draft - how did I do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

1st ever auction draft - how did I do?

Postby Grizzlies » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:30 pm

This was my first ever auction draft. There were only 8 teams, so everybody looks decent. I'm pretty happy with my team, but wish I had a little more RB depth. This draft was crazy - lots of overpaying at the beginning and amazing deals at the end when everybody was out of money (it was everybody's first auction). Peyton Manning went for $4, for example.

How's my team? H2H league, we start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

Here's my team:
QB - Michael Vick $28, Matthew Stafford $6
RB - LeSean McCoy $33, LeGarrette Blount $20, Jahvid Best $3, BenJarvus Green-Ellis $1
WR - Andre Johnson $41, Roddy White $36, Chad Ochocinco $12, Marques Colston $6, Steve Smith (Car) $2
TE - Jason Witten $6
K - Nate Kaeding $1
DEF - New York Jets $4, Atlanta $1

Here's the team to beat though: - Do I have a chance against this juggernaut?
QB - Drew Brees $32, Jay Cutler $1
RB- Adrian Peterson (Min) $50, Chris Johnson $46, Knowshon Moreno $1, Joseph Addai $1
WR - Larry Fitzgerald $39, Dwayne Bowe $19, Eddie Royal $1, Plaxico Burress $1, Michael Crabtree $1, Braylon Edwards $1
TE - Zach Miller $1
K - Sebastian Janikowski $1
DEF - Pittsburgh $5
Grizzlies
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 1st ever auction draft - how did I do?

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:58 pm

first of all, the price in your league is very cheap, and you have less people fighting for player, therefore, assuming you also start with $200 (standard price), i would expect more elite player drafted in your team. but i think for 1st time auction drafter, it's decent result.

you definitely have a chance to beat the team you are against.

obviously, he win RBs and you win WRs
since it's 3WRs and 2RBs, despite he have AP+CJ2K, i think you guys are pretty even
you have better TE
QB is tricky, some people think vick will bust, but i think vick will do good (maybe not like 2010 good) enough to be top 3 QB
therefore, i gonna vote vick over bree.
it's also my first time seeing vick got lower bid than bree, didnt expect that.
overall, i think you have better chance

some people somehow think getting AP+rice or AP+CJ2K or AP+Charles will make them win the game.
you need to remember there's 7 positions to fill, and over spend on 2RB then jeopardize your 3WR, 1QB and 1TE is not wise
of course it's almost impossible to fill all starting position with elite stud player, but getting 5-6 position with 90% of your money seems to be the best strategy. either give up WR3, RB2, TE or 2WR is up to you.

you can check out the link in my signature, it's a 10ppl auction draft commenting post, it has all the teams in my league.
please comment which team you like the most and why.
than you
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 230)

Re: 1st ever auction draft - how did I do?

Postby joheshy55 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:41 pm

i really hate the fact that you have vick and mccoy on your team at once... same team rb and QB.....especially since vick like to run the ball... almost like splitting carries with another person in backfield......Overall decent..........and your have a good chance to win i think. NO back up TE could be a problem......but i think you could figure something out by the time witten has a bye...

rate my team too!
viewtopic.php?t=494626
joheshy55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings