Work on a Chris Johnson megadeal or quit dreaming? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Work on a Chris Johnson megadeal or quit dreaming?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Work on a Chris Johnson megadeal or quit dreaming?

Postby taw856 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:52 pm

12-team league w/ 4-pt passing TDs...

STARTING LINEUP
QB: Matt Schaub
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Steven Jackson
RB/WR: LeGarrette Blount
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Santana Moss
TE: Owen Daniels
K: Alex Henery
DST: Eagles

BENCH
QB Sam Bradford
RB Roy Helu
RB Darren Sproles
WR Mike Thomas
WR Braylon Edwards
TE Aaron Hernandez
DST Chargers

I feel like in a league where the normal third WR spot has been changed to a flex (thus reducing the value of WRs) and passing TDs are four instead of six, thus reducing the value of QBs, RBs are going to be particularly important.

As such, I'm concerned about my lack of depth at RB, even though I'm obviously very happy with my starting trio. The more obvious weaknesses of my team are the lack of a true #1 WR (though if you're counting Blount in the flex spot, then it's okay that Brandon Marshall is a WR2) and the lack of an elite QB or elite TE (though Schaub and the Daniels/Hernandez platoon are at least serviceable).

My question, then, is, looking at my roster, what kind of offer trying to address these various concerns all at once would make it worth flipping Chris Johnson in a multi-player deal? I assume it'd have to be something where I'd get two lesser RBs in return for CJ24+Sproles, plus an upgrade at QB or WR and maybe TE, too, right?

Too complicated an idea to even consider trying to pull off?

Thanks for your thoughts!
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 198)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Work on a Chris Johnson megadeal or quit dreaming?

Postby ATLbraves » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:05 pm

If you could flip Chris Johnson for a top-tier WR (Andre,Megatron, Roddy, Fitz) and a middle-tier RB with upside (Benson, Lynch) then I think it would be a good deal for you.

Or like you said, you could ask for a high end WR thats not top-tier, maybe someone like Hakeem Nicks, Reggie Wayne, or Miles Austin and try to get a RB and TE as well. Sometimes it's difficult to pull of a deal with that many players involved though.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=494583
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions