BRAND NEW KEEPER LEAGUE-FIRST YEAR....RATE MY TEAM! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

BRAND NEW KEEPER LEAGUE-FIRST YEAR....RATE MY TEAM!

Moderator: Football Moderators

BRAND NEW KEEPER LEAGUE-FIRST YEAR....RATE MY TEAM!

Postby joheshy55 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Hey all, Just got done drafting standard league, 17 player roster with 8 on bench ...... overall i picked 8 of 12 ....keeper league through work.. first year of drafting...... howd i do? Start 1qb, 2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1def

QB: Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton
RB: Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Knowshown Moreno, Willis McGahee
WR: Andre Johnson, Mike Williams (tb), Pierre Garcon, Malcom Floyd, Nate Burleson, Greg Little
TE: Dustin Keller, Lance Kendricks
K: Ryan Longwell
DEF: Arizona

Is it ok to cuff a back up rb? or should i have taken snelling first? i also think my wr core maybe coulda been better but i opted to go for a what could be a number 2 rb in most leagues as back up first......is that ok? since its keeper i opted to also pick up cam newton.. i know its a long shot but you never know..... lol same with greg little..... and lance kendricks....

WHAT YOu think?
joheshy55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: BRAND NEW KEEPER LEAGUE-FIRST YEAR....RATE MY TEAM!

Postby robotninja » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:49 pm

Thanks for the help on mine.

Between Bradford and Freeman you should be able to play matchups each week and put up some points. Plus both could turn out to be nice keepers.
I am personally avoiding Turner because of the move towards a more aggresive offense and the age, but could turn out to be good value.
Top 2 WR look good, serious drop in quality after that but garcon can be decent when manning is back and if collie is out.

I like the knowshon mcgahee tandem because they will probably both see work and if knowshon continues to struggle it could become mcgahees backfield, either way the denver rb's are going to get a lot of touches, just hope mcgahee doesnt turn out to be a vulture like he was to ray rice in baltimore.
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 29)

Postby joheshy55 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:41 am

Thanks Robo for you input. and your welcome on giving you input. Anyone else?
joheshy55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:29 am

something i'll do is trade Moreno+Garcon for better WR3, and drop Bradford to get bench RB from waiver to cover your RB depth.
(thinking about Cam Newton already??.....that's very deep of you)

i am concerning about Turner and Hillis. they are both a little shaky, but there's really no better option unless you can find some Atl or Cle fans to trade with.

overall, above average team, and with good management, you should have a chance to go to play-off
but if you did get Newton, Kendrick and Little...for...the...future
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby coolgoose » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:49 am

So how many keepers do u stash for next year? What's the Keeper rule in your league?

Like the team studs but not the depth/reliability.

I am little concerned that in your later rounds you did not pick any potential Keeper RBs. Guys like Daniel Thomas, Roy Helu might have been a good bet for the future. Even Deji Karim and Delone Carter.

- Cam Newton wont necessarily break out this year or next until Panthers upgrade their anemic offense.
- AJ is stud and Freeman was a good pick.
- Turner is slowing down.
- Hillis can be as good as last year.
- Moreno can do better than last year but McGahee would hurt GL carries.
- Mike Williams should be steady and a good combo with Freeman.

Rest of the guys like Dustin Keller, Garcon, Floyd, Ryan Longwell etc won't be giving any consistency this year in my opinion.

Sorry for being a little critical and I hope all your picks work out better than I perceive. Be active in WW and grab the players with prospects.

All the best !!
CoolGoose
coolgoose
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby default01 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks for the help with mine.

I think you did a great job in the first 5 or 6 rounds. Turner, Hillis, AJ, and Williams are a nice starting core, Moreno is a great RB3, and Freeman/Bradford should be good QB tandem.

After that, I see a drop off, especially at WR3. I don't really see any of those guys stepping up and filling that spot consistently this year. I think this is your biggest problem since you have to start 3 WRs every week. Maybe Garcon or Floyd can fill the role, but I'd want to find someone more reliable.

I'm also not a fan of Keller as a starting TE, but really like the upside of Kendricks and think that was a good pick.

As others have said, it would have been great to get one young RB later in the draft. I probably would have skipped McGahee and gotten someone with more upside.

Depending on keeper rules, players like Newton and Little don't have much value.
default01
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby fn1cn2 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Thanks for helping with mine. I'm basing this on the impression that you keep all of your players each year, because I didn't see it listed that you have a limited amount to hold onto for next season. I like the Freeman and Bradford combo for this season. I tend to be a little down on Freeman, and think he may struggle to repeat last year this season. That being said, I still think he can be a #1, especially when you can play Bradford when he has good matchups. I think you will be set for a while at QB.

I like your running backs in the short term, but you may struggle down the road. If Moreno can get back in good standing with the new Denver coaching staff, I think you'll be a little better off for the future. I think you should be solid here this season, but it may become more difficult down the road.

I really like Johnson and Williams as your top 2 wrs. I think Johnson will have a couple more elite years, and hopefully Williams will continue to develop with Freeman. I think we may see a little dropoff in TDs from Williams this year, but I don't think enough to hurt his value. I like his long-term prospects. I think you are going to have a little trouble after that though. Without Manning, Garcon really loses most of his value. Little has potential, but I think he may take some time to develop. I think you will have to hope that Floyd and Burleson produce more than previous years to help fill in at WR3.

I like Keller as the #1 TE and Kendricks at 2. I am a big Kendricks fan, I have to be as a Rams' fan, but think that he may be a little inconsistent this year. That's why I really like him as your #2, and you are not depending on him for weekly production.

I really have not done much research towards kickers and team D's, I usually just play the waiver wire as the season goes on. Therefore, I am not much use on Longwell and Arizona.

Overall, I like your team, I think you may need to try to find a #3 wr first and foremost, and possibly another younger running back. I don't think that is as important at this stage though.
fn1cn2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Roster Ratings