Just finished draft, how did I do? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Just finished draft, how did I do? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just finished draft, how did I do? WHIR

Postby illad3lph » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:18 am

I am in a 16 team 2QB PPR Keeper league (you lose a pick 2 rounds ahead of where person is drafted, so you can't keep a player in first two rounds). The format is 2QB, 2RB,2WR,TE, 2 FLEX(RB/WR/TE), K, DEF. Here is my lineup

QB- Joe Flacco
QB- Matt Hasselbeck
RB-Chris Johnson
RB- The Law Firm
WR- Roddy White
WR-Mario Manningham
TE- Brandon Pettigrew
Flex- Austin Collie
Flex-Malcolm Floyd

BN-Montario Hardesty
BN-Taiwan Jones
BN-Jason Snelling
BN-Jermaine Gresham
BN-Carson Palmer
illad3lph
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just finished draft, how did I do? WHIR

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:19 am

Looks like a strong roster for a 16 team league. Should definitely be a playoff contender.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=494583
Last edited by ATLbraves on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hippo45 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:25 am

Carson Palmer? Is that a joke? He should not be owned in any league. I don't care how deep the league is because he is a waste of a bench spot.

I think your team is average. You don't have anything special and you don't have much depth. QBs are sub-par, RBs above average, WR are above average, TE below average, Flex is sub par, bench is severely below average.
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby illad3lph » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:31 am

You do realize this is a 16 team 2 QB[b][/b] league. Some owners cannot even start 2 starting QBs, and some owners dont have 2 starting RBs. There is clearly no depth when there are 256 players being taken. And with Carson Palmer, my thinking was that every skill position is very bare and he could be a guy to keep for the next four years since he clearly will be playing next year. In such a scarce QB league, why not take a chance on a guy who is proven and instead of someone who most likely wont even be useful in bye weeks.
illad3lph
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Hippo45 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:42 am

illad3lph wrote:You do realize this is a 16 team 2 QB[b][/b] league. Some owners cannot even start 2 starting QBs, and some owners dont have 2 starting RBs. There is clearly no depth when there are 256 players being taken. And with Carson Palmer, my thinking was that every skill position is very bare and he could be a guy to keep for the next four years since he clearly will be playing next year. In such a scarce QB league, why not take a chance on a guy who is proven and instead of someone who most likely wont even be useful in bye weeks.

Yes, I am aware that this a 2 QB league with 16 teams. However, Carson Palmer has zero shot of playing this year. Mike Kafka is better option than Carson Palmer. Go for back ups of starters who might get injured over someone who might help you next year. Secondly, who did you choose to keep? It should have been a QB given the conditions of the league. Thirdly, your first two picks should have been a QB. Instead, you chose CJ and I am assuming you went way to early on Law Firm given that the Patriots like to use a RBBC. So basically you got only one true RB. Also, you probably paid the price for picking an elite WR because WRs are not very valuable in a 16 man 2 QB league. Fourthly, I can guarantee you there are good players still left in your FA that are better than your bench players.

I forgot to ask did you even draft a DEF or K? Because if you don't have one that can be big difference maker.
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Return to Roster Ratings