Flex Spot - Garcon/Starks/Knox/Thomas? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Flex Spot - Garcon/Starks/Knox/Thomas? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Flex Spot - Garcon/Starks/Knox/Thomas? WHIR

Postby exyumyai » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:54 am

I'm in a 16 team league, and need to start one of these guys in my FLEX spot. And I have no idea who to start?! League is standard scoring + 0.5 PPR

Pierre Garcon @ HOU
James Starks vs NO
Johnny Knox vs ATL
Daniel Thomas vs NE

I think Garcon is a no go without Manning playing, but I'm torn between the other 3. I'm thinking Starks, but a case could also be made for Knox and Thomas.

Leave a link and I'll help in return!
Exyumyai...
exyumyai
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Flex Spot - Garcon/Starks/Knox/Thomas? WHIR

Postby TheSubwayDiet » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:41 am

I have been in a 14 man .5 ppr league for a few years now so hopefully I can help.

I agree that starting Garcon is a huge risk with Manning out. I also think that starting Thomas on Monday night would be to heart-wrenching if you are down in points and Bush is catching a million passes and getting carries as well.

This leaves you with Starks or Knox. I personally don't like either back for GB but in a 16 man league you gotta do what you gotta do to get role players and the 47 point over under for that game Thursday night is promising I just can't trust the split back field.

I would personally go with Knox (maybe just because he used to burn people on Madden '10) but Atl is a high scoring team and will probably be passing more than ever. Chicago may be behind and throwing deep. Hopefully Knox can snag some passes and get to the endzone. I feel he has the best combination of good upside and less risk than the other 3 players. That's what I want in my flex spot.

Hope this helps.
viewtopic.php?t=494672
TheSubwayDiet
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby exyumyai » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:41 am

Thanks for the advice. Since posting, it's been announced that Roy Williams has the starting WR job (with Hester) over Knox. Which is ridiculous since Knox has out performed Williams in every aspect this pre-season. So i'm thinking I might sit Knox and see how it goes in next few weeks...

I'll either go between Starks or have another look at Garcon. Collie is looking banged up supposedly, so he might see some action.
Exyumyai...
exyumyai
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SmokyMcNasty » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:28 am

Well I hope you started Starks. Sorry I couldn't reply to this before last night's game. But let's assume you didn't start him. Daniel Thomas tweaked a hamstring this week so really your only choices come down to Garcon or Knox... You should roll with Johnny Knox, simply because Cutler has familiarity with Knox, whereas Collins has not proven to have any chemistry with any of the Colts' starters.
SmokyMcNasty
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 14)

Return to Who to Start/Bench