3rd Draft is a charm? Help rate WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Roster Ratings

3rd Draft is a charm? Help rate WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

3rd Draft is a charm? Help rate WHIR

Postby pman555 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:25 am

12 Team CBS league
2nd pick

Scoring:
Field Goals 3 points Plus 2 points for a FG of 50+ Yds
Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -2 points
Offensive Fumble Recovery TD 6 points
Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points
Passing Interception -2 points
Passing TD 6 points
Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds
Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points
Receiving TD 6 points
Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds
Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points
Rushing TD 6 points
Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

QB (Start 1): Matt Ryan, Colt McCoy
RB (Start 2): Adrian Peterson, Peyton Hillis, Reggie Bush, Jonathan Stewart
WR (Start 3): Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Nate Burleson, Lance Moore
TE (Start 1): Vernon Davis
D/ST (Start 1): Patriots
K (Start 1): Adam Vinatieri

What do you guys think?
Any suggestions of guys I might think about picking up off of waivers to replace anyone?
Or any trades I could think about making?

Thanks!
Image
Thanks for the sig, deluxe_247!
pman555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 123
Joined: 1 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Caldwell, NJ

Re: 3rd Draft is a charm? Help rate WHIR

Postby nocode » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:16 am

Solid picks all around. I'm not really sold on Hillis, but I think he'll have a decent year. I'd maybe roll the dice with jason Campbell (if available) over Mccoy

viewtopic.php?t=494680
nocode
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 120
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 3rd Draft is a charm? Help rate WHIR

Postby Dolfan19 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:29 am

wow, that team looks really solid. I would just sit back and enjoy the ride. I tried to target Ryan as a nice value pick late in my draft, but he went @37, lol you might want to consider handcuffing Hillis, but I don't know that it would be urgent to do so.


viewtopic.php?t=494682
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1372
(Past Year: 53)
Joined: 3 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Miami

Re: 3rd Draft is a charm? Help rate WHIR

Postby pman555 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:38 am

Dolfan19 wrote:wow, that team looks really solid. I would just sit back and enjoy the ride. I tried to target Ryan as a nice value pick late in my draft, but he went @37, lol you might want to consider handcuffing Hillis, but I don't know that it would be urgent to do so.


viewtopic.php?t=494682



Thanks. Hillis was ranked kinda low (58 or so) in the CBS draft room, so he went pretty much unnoticed by most of the players I was with. I was able to target a better WR before getting my 2nd RB.

Who would be Hillis' handcuff? And would it be worth dropping anyone on my team right now?
Image
Thanks for the sig, deluxe_247!
pman555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 123
Joined: 1 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Caldwell, NJ

Re: 3rd Draft is a charm? Help rate WHIR

Postby Dolfan19 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:04 am

pman555 wrote:
Who would be Hillis' handcuff? And would it be worth dropping anyone on my team right now?


Montario Hardesty drafted towards the end of the second round in the 2010 nfl draft, but tore his ACL in the first preseason game last year. recovery from that is about 6-9 months, so he should be in good shape for this season, and could possibly cut into Hillis' workload. would have the starting gig should hillis get nicked up... see his rotoworld profile page: http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5860/montario-hardesty as for who to drop, it's hard to say without seeing your WW. if there isn't too much difference in potential between what your backup QB/WR5 and the WW, then go ahead and do it. you have 3 solid starters as receivers, so your WR5 really will not come into play unless you start getting hit w/ multiple injuries.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1372
(Past Year: 53)
Joined: 3 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Miami

Re: 3rd Draft is a charm? Help rate WHIR

Postby pman555 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:09 am

Dolfan19 wrote:
pman555 wrote:
Who would be Hillis' handcuff? And would it be worth dropping anyone on my team right now?


Montario Hardesty drafted towards the end of the second round in the 2010 nfl draft, but tore his ACL in the first preseason game last year. recovery from that is about 6-9 months, so he should be in good shape for this season, and could possibly cut into Hillis' workload. would have the starting gig should hillis get nicked up... see his rotoworld profile page: http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5860/montario-hardesty as for who to drop, it's hard to say without seeing your WW. if there isn't too much difference in potential between what your backup QB/WR5 and the WW, then go ahead and do it. you have 3 solid starters as receivers, so your WR5 really will not come into play unless you start getting hit w/ multiple injuries.


Unfortunately, Hardesty was drafted.
And I doubt its worth trying to trade for him.
Image
Thanks for the sig, deluxe_247!
pman555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 123
Joined: 1 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Caldwell, NJ

Re: 3rd Draft is a charm? Help rate WHIR

Postby pman555 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Anyone else?
Image
Thanks for the sig, deluxe_247!
pman555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 123
Joined: 1 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Caldwell, NJ

Re: 3rd Draft is a charm? Help rate WHIR

Postby mzkp54 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:59 pm

I think this team looks to be in good shape. All your starters are players I would feel ok starting. Ryan's a great pick (I have him in 2 leagues). If the 3rd preseason game was any indication they're going to be throwing an insane amount in ATL (42 attempts in the first half, yikes). Yeah I'd say Colt McCoy is your only questionable roster spot, which is a good position to be in. But I think a QB of McCoy's caliber can be found on the WW at any point, so theres no real point in holding onto him. Might as well pick someone up when you need a QB.

Mine taking a look at mine? Links in my sig
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1539
(Past Year: 233)
Joined: 21 Mar 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 3rd Draft is a charm? Help rate WHIR

Postby kjmiller127 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:05 pm

Qb's ; love ryan, not sure on mcoy, but he might surprise.

love peterson and hillis. bush probably has some good upside. stewart is terrbile, hes on a terrible offense, competes with deangolo williams

good WR's, especially if in a PPR league

Good TE

Decent Defense.

overall, id give you an 8/10. I would look into maybe another backup qb and another rb instead of stewart
kjmiller127
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 102
(Past Year: 52)
Joined: 25 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 3rd Draft is a charm? Help rate WHIR

Postby pman555 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:07 pm

I cant believe this team only scored 49 points in Week 1.
Image
Thanks for the sig, deluxe_247!
pman555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 123
Joined: 1 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Caldwell, NJ


Return to Roster Ratings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 19:41 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact