Yahoo Pre-draft rankings - LIVE draft but won't be present? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo Pre-draft rankings - LIVE draft but won't be present?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo Pre-draft rankings - LIVE draft but won't be present?

Postby CambiBulungo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:11 am

I am the commish for a league who's live online draft is today. We are using Yahoo, and some members will be either not be present for the entire draft or will be missing the first couple of rounds. I know that they can set their pre-draft rankings, but if they are not present at all (or in the beginning), how will they be able to change their option from Yahoo Recommend settings to their own pre-draft rankings in order to draft? I know that in the Mock drafts, I have to manually change this option, and it works fine if I walk away, but what happens if you are not even present to change this option when the draft begins?
CambiBulungo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo Pre-draft rankings - LIVE draft but won't be prese

Postby AHF » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:27 pm

You have to pre-rank players before the draft. In a yahoo league, goto your team page and you should have an option to "prerank" for up to about an hour before the draft. Once the draft starts, you can't adjust that ranking unless you are actively participating in the draft. If you aren't there when the draft starts, yahoo uses your "prerankings" over the yahoo default rankings.
AHF
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CambiBulungo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:37 pm

AHF, are you sure about this? When I go into the mock drafts (even after I change the setting to my rankings) it is always set to yahoo preferred settings and goes by that if I do not do anything. I have about 3-4 people who will be missing part of the draft, and I want to give them step by step instructions on what to do in their absence, so they do not complain that "they didn't know how to do it" and now have a sucky squad.
CambiBulungo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AHF » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:47 pm

CambiBulungo wrote:AHF, are you sure about this? When I go into the mock drafts (even after I change the setting to my rankings) it is always set to yahoo preferred settings and goes by that if I do not do anything. I have about 3-4 people who will be missing part of the draft, and I want to give them step by step instructions on what to do in their absence, so they do not complain that "they didn't know how to do it" and now have a sucky squad.

I have used the prerankings many times before and was forced to do so for a draft last Friday. I don't know whether you can prerank for a mock draft but for a real one it should work without a problem.

Yahoo states:

Player rankings are used to draft your team. If you're happy with our default order, you don't need to edit your rankings. To rank players in your own custom order, click the Edit My Rankings button.

Ranking more players gives you additional control over the players you draft, but most managers typically rank the first 25 or so players. Any players left unranked are added to the end of your list according to the Yahoo! Sports default rankings. So, if you rank 25 players, player 26 is the best player left based on the default rankings, player 27 the second best, etc.

If there's a player you don't want to draft under any circumstances, you can highlight the player's name and click the left arrow to move him to the Exclude Players list.

Excluded players are not drafted under any circumstances.

To pre-rank players:

1. Log-in to the Fantasy Football page.
2. Click on the MY TEAM tab.
3. Click the Pre-Draft Player Rankings link which you will find in the box that contains your draft countdown. In an auto-pick league, the box will also be located on your team page.
4. Click the "Edit My Rankings" button to get started.

Your owners shouldn't have any problems with it.

(Please help with: viewtopic.php?t=494728).
AHF
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner