Waiver Wire Addition for week 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Waiver Wire Addition for week 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Waiver Wire Addition for week 1

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:53 am

Good Morning cafe buddies,
I have a 16 team $$ PPR league that I need some help with for week 1. We're capped at 25 max roster moves for the season, but since we haven't kicked off yet any moves made until tomorrow will not count against the roster moves for the season.

Here's my dilemma, my roster looks like this:

QB Joe Flacco
WR Miles Austin
RB Maurice Jones-Drew
TE Brent Celek
W/T Anquan Boldin
W/T Roy Williams
W/R Ahmad Bradshaw
BN Benjamin Watson
BN Jermaine Gresham
BN Knowshon Moreno
BN Daniel Thomas
BN Ryan Fitzpatrick
BN Devin Hester
BN Brian Robiskie

I have a chance to pick up Eric Decker and I'm thinking of dropping Jermaine Gresham due to the cluster that has developed in Cincy. Anyone have an opinion on this? I've already gotten a good value for Robiskie as a late round flyer (Rd 15) but I had just missed on Decker. I did invest an 8th round pick on Gresham though, and maybe I should ride him out since there will be plenty of dump offs to go around with the Bungles.
C'mon Cafe Brethren help me out!! WHIR
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?
Samual Jackson as Jules: Pulp Fiction

Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Waiver Wire Addition for week 1

Postby unkle » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:34 am

i share your concern with cincy's offense especially with a rookie qb at the helm. usually rookie qbs used their TEs as a security blanket, but that offense is going to be all over the place

decker seems more valuable because hes fighting for #2 WR spot with thomas. i think if decker gets the spot he can definitely be useful when defenses are focusing on brandon lloyd.

i think decker could be more useful long term, but you never know. unless youre really high on decker and fear someone else will pick him up, i'd wait and see what happens between dalton and gresham. you invested in gresham with a rather high pick and you have limited number of moves, i'd be more conservative
please help with my team, WHIR

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=537880
unkle
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 7)

Postby LMack » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:42 am

I would want to hold on to Jermaine Gresham here. Even if Eric Decker wins the WR2 spot in Denver, I believe new head coach John Fox when he says he wants to run the ball more. Moreover I wouldn't be surprised if Gresham ended up overtaking Brent Celek as your starting TE. Celek appears to be the 5th receiving option on the Eagles, and consistent production from him will be hard to expect unless Mike Vick starts looking his way. Gresham hasn't had the best preseason: he's had an ankle injury and obviously the QB situation isn't ideal. But Gresham should get a fair amount of targets. He showed himself as a decent pass catcher last year and Gresham could benefit from the "rookie safety blanket" effect in this PPR league.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks Guys! It looks like the smart thing to do is stand down for now and see if Gresham pans out.
LMack - Celek was actually supposed to be my backup / flex, but with Gresham's injury he's holding a spot in the lineup until I get an all clear from Cincy on his health. ;-D
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?
Samual Jackson as Jules: Pulp Fiction

Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions