Completed Draft - No QB!!! Help!!!! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Completed Draft - No QB!!! Help!!!! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Completed Draft - No QB!!! Help!!!! WHIR

Postby TriniEagle » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:18 am

Hi Guys,

Just took part in my first premium draft (CBS Gold League $40 registration fee).

12 team PPY league flex with standard scoring. I drafted in position #2 and this is my roster:

QB: Henne
RB: AP, Bradshaw, Greene, Addai (b), Helu (b)
WR: Holmes, VJax, Jones J (b), Amendola (b), Meacham (b)
TE: Cook
K: Akers
Def: Eagles

My normal strategy is to go for a QB around Rnd 6, hoping that Big Ben is still on the board. However he was taken and instead of going for Freeman, I decided to take Julio Jones and then hope that Freeman and Bradford would be on the board at the bottom end of round 7 top of 8. Even if one was taken I would still be fairly comfortable taking one. Unfortuynately I left things too long and the 2 picks immediately before mine took both Freeman and Bradford.

At this point, rather than scrambling for a QB I decided to change my strategy and now draft for trade value. So seeing the Eagles still on the board I snatched them. Normally I leave the D until the end and play the match-ups. But I took them hoping that I could use them in a trade.

I took Henne late in the draft based on a favourable match-up for week 1. So what do you think my approach should be? A stud WR (VJax?) direct trade for a Freeman/Manning E or Bradford, or a 2 for 1 WR and/or RB (off the bench) for a similar QB?

Or.... can I take a gamble and play weekly QB match-ups with what's left?

Thanks for your help.

Dan
TriniEagle Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Completed Draft - No QB!!! Help!!!! WHIR

Postby TriniEagle » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:27 am

Sorry let me make a correction. I took Henne based on a favourable schedule... not a favourable matchup.
TriniEagle Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby crockies99 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:31 am

I would try and do a two for one. I wouldn't trade VJax. He could end up killing it this year. I would try and trade one of your WRs and Helu or Addai, but I would still try and get some kind of running back back in the deal as well. Or use two WRs and then pick up a WR as a free agent if there are any.

If you have time please help with mine too!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=494718
12 TM PPR
QB M. Stafford, C. Palmer
RB M. Forte, M. Lynch, Demarco Murray, Lamar Miller, M. Bush, L. Bell
WR L. Fitzgerald, R. Cobb, TY Hilton, K. Thompkins, J. Blackmon
TE J. Cameron, H. Miller
D Steelers
K P. Dawson
crockies99
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dolfan19 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:46 am

TriniEagle wrote:Sorry let me make a correction. I took Henne based on a favourable schedule... not a favourable matchup.

lol, i was scratching my head after reading that one. it's hard to say without knowing the QBs on your waiver wire. Why dont you look for value QBs such as Ryan, flacco, and stafford. if any teams have those QBs as their backup, they would probably be willing to trade you if you can help their team. You may have to try to trade AP for a lower ranked RB and one of these QBs. why dont you see if you can come up with a trade possibility or two, as well as who is available to pick up, and then we can all help you better.

viewtopic.php?t=494682
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby ramble2 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:56 am

In a 12-team league there are going to be better QBs than Henne on several teams' bench. I would target players that are likely undervalued or high risk/high reward QBs, e.g., Stafford, Bradshaw, Roethlisberger. I wouldn't move AP, but you're going to need to move something. Your best bet is going to be to package Henne with someone for another team's backup QB. As a previous poster said, if you post the QBs on the waiver or on people's benches that would help.

Please help: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=494721
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dolfan19 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:06 pm

ramble2 wrote:I would target players that are likely undervalued or high risk/high reward QBs, e.g., Stafford, Bradshaw, Roethlisberger.
Please help: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=494721

Bradshaw? Image :-b
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TriniEagle » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:13 pm

Thanks guys I am going to post the waiver list, but Stafford, Flacco, Ryan are all taken..... Stafford and Ryan are starters.

What do you think about taking Kerry Collins?
TriniEagle Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dolfan19 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:15 pm

TriniEagle wrote:What do you think about taking Kerry Collins?

I'd rather start Henne vs. the Patriots... :-b
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TriniEagle » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:18 pm

QB FAs:

Garrard, Orton, Campbell, Hasselback, Smith, Collins, Grossman, Gradkowski and then backups
TriniEagle Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TriniEagle » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Ok so while I was posting here the following trade was offeed to me:

Freeman and Steve Johnson for Henne and VJax.

So clearly this guy wants VJax.... but I was really hoping to hold on to him. Is my situation serious enough to warrant giving up VJax here? I am not so sure.
TriniEagle Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions