Ray Rice/Ocho Cinco Trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Ray Rice/Ocho Cinco Trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ray Rice/Ocho Cinco Trade

Postby c0megets0me » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Im not one to butt in on trades unless they are that far off. I would set an example and undo the trade so that doesnt continue all season. If they dont like it....tuff shit! wouldnt want those types back next year anyway. Thats why I only play money leagues, owners tend to be more involved and dont make stupid trades.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby krazymop » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:08 pm

I would undo the trade until such time as they at the very least respond to the requests of the commish to explain the reasoning behind it. It's awfully close to being considered collusion, especially given he hasn't bothered to play ochocinco yet..
krazymop
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AHF » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:37 am

The owner who traded Rice away has quit the league and didn't do anything after the trade (including failing to even set starters for the first week). The guy who traded for Rice won't give him up and the Commish isn't going to do anything about it and will instead plug in a league average score for the deserted team (and keep the rest of the deserting owner's players out of circulation).

It is a shame it wasn't Jamaal Charles that he got in the trade (I drafted Charles) so that it would have canceled itself out naturally.

At the end of the day, no collusion was proven (the owner getting Rice denied it) but no explanation was ever given and the owner who made the trade obviously wasn't trying to compete in good faith.

Bad way to start the season.
AHF
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner