Romo vs. Jets or Kolb vs. Panthers?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Romo vs. Jets or Kolb vs. Panthers??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Romo vs. Jets or Kolb vs. Panthers??

Postby Mitchell Cumstein » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:51 pm

So the proven fantasy QB Romo is going up against a tough Defense in the Jets this week. Usually I would let him start over an unproven Kevin Kolb, but Kolb is playing Carolina. I know their run D stinks, not so sure about their secondary. Are the Jets nasty enough for me to sit Romo? Does Kolb air it out vs. Carolina or play conservatively? With a receiver like Fitzgerald I don't see how that would be the case, but as this is my first fantasy season I'm looking for wisdom. Thanks!
Mitchell Cumstein
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Romo vs. Jets or Kolb vs. Panthers??

Postby JRsScoregasms » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:56 pm

I personally would start Kolb. Jets are a great defense, Panthers are...not.
12 Team League -Non-PPR, 6pt passing TDs
QB: D.Brees
RB: D.McFadden
WR: G.Jennings
WR: M.Colston
RB/WR/TE: Dez Bryant
TE: M. Bennett
DEF: Patriots
K: S. Gostkowski
BENCH: Flacco, G-Ellis, Ridley, M. Crabtree, Ogletree, J. Kerley, A. Hernandez, Lions DEF
JRsScoregasms
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Dgillon » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:05 pm

I am going back and forth in my head with the SAME question. I haven't decided who I am going to start. Worst part is, I am playing my girlfriend this week so if I lose I will NEVER hear the end of it.

Romo- proven fantasy QB but coming off an injury AND playing one of the better defenses in the league.

Kolb- Healthy and has something to prove. While Carolina's defense is weak, they did only allow an average of 13pts last year for QB's.

I think I am going to trust my gut and go with Tony Romo and let Kevin Kolb prove something to me before he gets a starting roster spot but let me know what you come up with.
Dgillon
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mitchell Cumstein » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:06 pm

True, but their run-defense is terrible! They may let Kolb ease into things while running all over Carolina.
Mitchell Cumstein
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Dgillon » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Mitchell Cumstein wrote:True, but their run-defense is terrible! They may let Kolb ease into things while running all over Carolina.

I think that's what is going to happen this week. I think the person to have is Beanie Wells!
Dgillon
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Raydio » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:15 pm

I hear what everyone is saying. Its a gamble either way. I dont think the Cowboys are going to be able to throw the ball a whole heck of a lot against the Jets. I think they will test the two rookies up front for the Jets and tried to run the ball against them. This is a tough one for you, I would go with Kolb. Sorry if it is making things more cloudy for you, seems like everyone is split on this.
Raydio
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 8)

Return to Who to Start/Bench