Rate my team. What can I do to improve? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my team. What can I do to improve?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my team. What can I do to improve?

Postby mpapa720 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:54 pm

I had the 6th pick. I originally had McCoy and Manningham but I traded them for Ray Rice and Julio Jones. I'm wondering if there's anything I need to work on. I'm thinking of trying to get an upgrade at WR, but I'm not too sure what I can do. Rate my roster please.

12-team PPR big money league with bonuses to QBs for 300+ and 400+ yards passing. There are also bonuses for 100+ and 200+ yards rushing/receiving.

My roster is as follows:

QBs - P. Manning, S. Bradford
RBs - R. Rice, D. McFadden, R. Mathews, L. Tomlinson, D. Karim, K. Hunter
WRs - D. Jax, Julio Jones, L. Moore, D. Bess
TEs - O. Daniels, R. Gronkowski
D/ST - Falcons
K - A. Henery
mpapa720
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my team. What can I do to improve?

Postby husker43 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:29 pm

;-D I would an 8.5 or so.

I like your team but I would definitely improve on your Wide Receivers. See if you can move Mathews for a quality WR. Mathews is risky b/c he is a fragile back but has played very very well in the preseason. Although, my prediction will be that LT will be a stud again this year and you can move trade for more points coming from your wide outs. IMHO

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=494759
Last edited by husker43 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please answer my question!

viewtopic.php?t=519263
husker43
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mpapa720 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Yeah I really think that Mathews and LT will do considerably better than they're projected to do. The problem right now is that everyone is using draft position as the value of their players. If anything I guess I can wait a couple of weeks then try to move one of them.

Being that it's a PPR league, I've tried to move D. Jax and another player for WRs like Nicks, Megatron, AJ, Fitz, etc. However, as of right now D. Jax isn't generating very much interest in my league.
mpapa720
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 11)

Postby spinnuh » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:40 pm

I agree with husker that you need to improve your WR's. You have two of my favorite running backs this year especially in a PPR league, and Ryan Mathews burned me last year so I try to avoid him. Dangle Mathews around and see if anyone is willing to give you a solid receiver for him. However, the market for Mathews is probably not too beneficial for you right now so don't give him up too cheaply. Because he does have a chance to have a very solid season but just a little risky.
spinnuh
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby kjmiller127 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:01 pm

qb's look questionable, and thats all based on peytons status.

your RBs are great in Rice and Mcfadden. Mathews sucks, had him last year did nothing for me, he doesnt get any looks near the red zone because they hand off to mike tolbert. tomlinson is close to done in NYJ, but hey I thought he was done last year and he did pretty good.

your WR's need some work. let a week or two pass and it never fails that someone emerges, especially in a PPR league.

Not sure on the Def you got
kjmiller127
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 52)

Return to Roster Ratings