Manning Replacement and Addai or Mathews as RB2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Manning Replacement and Addai or Mathews as RB2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Manning Replacement and Addai or Mathews as RB2

Postby mr23 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Alright guys I have two things to figure out.

One, I need a QB replacement for Manning. We drafted in early August and I made the mistake of not getting a Kolb or Stafford as my backup. So I am stuck with the following options:

Hasselbeck @ Jac

Collins @ HOU

Campbell @ Den

Both Hasselbeck and Collins have some legitimate targets (Britt, Cook and Wayne and co.) but Campbell has had a good pre-season and might be the best overall QB between the three.

Also, I am trying to figure out whether to start Addai @ HOU or Mathews vs. MIN as my RB2. Most projection systems seem to rank Mathews a few points higher than Addai but I'm trying to maximize my total points so any thoughts are appreciated.
mr23
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Manning Replacement and Addai or Mathews as RB2

Postby mr23 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Just wanted to bump one time before it gets too low. Thanks for any thoughts/comments.
mr23
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Rams » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Your QB situation is looking grim. I would pick up Collins because he has a lot more options to throw to (Clark, Wayne, Collie...) whereas Campbell not so much. Remember Collins did put up decent numbers in 10 games last year (14 TDS, 8 INT) with a worse offense. As for your RB, I would clearly go with Addai here. He has simply killed the Texans D (9 TDs in 9 games) and it looks like he may be the guy the Colts go to in the absence of Manning. Mathews may be splitting time with Tolbert, who looks like he may steal some TDs as well. To sum it up, go with the Colts.
Help with mine
viewtopic.php?t=494814
Say goodnight to the bad guy! The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you
Rams
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ramble2 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:19 pm

I would go with Collins and Addai. I'd go with Addai because you have to go with Collins. :-)

Help with mine: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=494829
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Who to Start/Bench