Newbie here. I need your help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Newbie here. I need your help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Newbie here. I need your help!

Postby AlvinAve » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Hey guys, first post here. I recently got invited to a league and I pretty much had really bad picks for the draft. I was alternating between 5th and 8th picks.

This is my first time doing fantasy football and would very much like any opinions from you guys on my team. I believe this is a 12 team non ppr league. I don't want to ask my friends for advice in the league as they might steer me in the bad direction (although I feel like i'm already screwed). here's my team:

Rashard Mendenhall RB
Roddy White WR
Shonn Greene RB
Mike Williams WR
BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB
Percy Harvin WR
Owen Daniels TE
Josh Freeman QB
Robert Meachem WR
Baltimore DEF
Denarius Moore WR
Willis McGahee RB
Donald Driver WR
Matt Cassel QB
Alex Henery K

What can I do to improve my chances? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Non PPR league, 12 teams
QB: Josh Freeman, R. Fitzpatrick
WR: Mike William(TB), Rody white, R. Meachem, A. Boldin, E. Decker, Denarius Moore
RB:McFadden, B. Green-Ellis, Willis McGahee, Shone Green
TE: Scott Chandler
Def: Bal
Kicker: A.Henery
AlvinAve Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Newbie here. I need your help!

Postby Hippo45 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Your team looks fine. I wouldn't do anything with it right now.
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby c0megets0me » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Your team looks good, Mend is very solid Greene is prime for a break out year, Roddy White could end up #1 plus you have Williams and Hurvin who both have alot of upside. Daniels should be great this year and Henrey is a top 5 Kicker IMO. Ravens are a great Def to hold on to. I would say the only question is @ the Qb.......But freeman was great last year and should put up close to the same this year. You could try to improve ur bench but over all Good job!
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby mjr1 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Like the others have said it's not a bad team to start the season with. It's possible to make the playoffs with that roster but you're going to have to do some waiver wire work to make that possibility more realistic. I wouldn't try trading right off the bat with hopes of improving your team. Keep an eye on the news and forum talk for injuries/breakout players for the first few weeks and grab some of those free agents to add more depth, then you'll be in a better position to start considering trades.

QB and TE is where you're the weakest. If Kerry Collins is still out there you should pick him up. Couldn't hurt.

Good luck!
mjr1
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Beginner's Forum