12 teams. went wr heavy to start - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 teams. went wr heavy to start

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 teams. went wr heavy to start

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:19 pm

12 teams, standard non ppr scoring

QB - Big Ben
RB - Greene, D Williams
WR - Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson
RB/WR - Ingram
TE - Daniels
K - Bryant
DEF - Arizona
BN - F.Jackson, McGahee, Kolb, Knox, Meachem, Ford

what do you think? I'm a bit iffy on my RBs but I think considering I drafted WRs first two rounds I could have done much worse.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 teams. went wr heavy to start

Postby GTOon19Z » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:30 pm

I dont really like the strategy in a non-PPR league. There is no denying that you have the best starting WR corps in your ENTIRE LEAGUE, but with no PPR, you couldve gone with more steady numbers IMO. I feel that you still could've gone WR heavy in the opening rounds (2-4) and grabbed a definite scoring machine (a la Mendenhall) for your team.

EX:
Mendenhall
Megatron
Reggie Wayne
B. Lloyd.

These are all attainable picks, and wouldve given you more depth, IMO...Judging on your picks, it seems you were a late pick (10-12)...correct?
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JamesonNeat » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:47 pm

I think going WR-WR is a little risky. Historically, the top WRs have scored less than the top RBs. Last year, you'd have been better off with Ahmad Bradshaw and BJGE than Andre and Calvin. But, the game is also about point differential at each of the positions. The fact that you have a flex spot in your league makes it more important to get RB heavy, since the format allows you to start 3 RBs.

That being said, I think you'll do alright in a 12-team league. Ben is solid, Greene showed what he could do with more of the workload at the end of last season, and D. Will is severely underrated this season. I think I'd start F.Jax at flex until we see how the RB situation plays out in NO. F.Jax is not sexy to own, but he's a solid back.
JamesonNeat
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:59 pm

I did draft towards the end. I should have gone with McCoy and then Calvin but I didn't expect Andre to fall. When I got Andre I planned on going someone like Gore but didn't expect Calvin to fall to me lol. Just went for the value there. Luckily someone wants Calvin so I'm trying to do Greene/Calvin for Mendy/DJax.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby c0megets0me » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:58 pm

I think yo can make do with those rb's.......... I would ride it out for a few weeks and see what greene is all about. I just think greene could be hugh this year.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:17 pm

c0megets0me wrote:I think yo can make do with those rb's.......... I would ride it out for a few weeks and see what greene is all about. I just think greene could be hugh this year.

Thanks. I think I will do this. There are talks about McKnight and Powell being brought in as well. They are going to be a committee in some way I'm just hoping Greene can put out some good weeks early on.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TaDa » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:07 pm

I had Greene for the last 2 years. I also happen to have season tix. I can tell you that LT is still going to vulture touches, EXACTLY when you need them from Greene. I think that Greene will be a beast next year, but for this year, it will be RBBC. LT is still a good thread for the short dump pass (meaning that Greene won't get you the PPR points), and with the likes of LT and Keller in the mix, I still see Greene getting limited touches. Also, Plax adds something very new to the offense. Plax makes quarterback mistakes go away simply because of his size and talent. A throw that would have been missed by Edwards last year will be caught this year, so will lead to a few more passes and fewer rushes.

So that being said, I would do the trade for Mendenhall/DJax in a heartbeat.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Return to Roster Ratings