10 Team PPR - How's it look? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 Team PPR - How's it look?

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 Team PPR - How's it look?

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:22 pm

Round drafted is in parentheses, I had the 8th pick. WHIR.

QB: Schaub (6), Freeman (10)
WR: Wayne (3), Welker (5), Britt (8), Crabtree (11), Bess (14), Ford (15)
RB: McCoy (1), Forte (2), Gore (4!!), J.Stewart (12)
TE: Graham (7)

DEF: NE (9)
K: Rackers (13)

Thoughts? Leave a link!
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 Team PPR - How's it look?

Postby kjmiller127 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Not sure about your Rb situation. I had stewart last year and he did absolutely nothing and their offense isnt better this year, Id check out other RBs maybe. Gore and Forte look solid at where you got them.

I like your WR corp at first glance, but with peyton out who knows how many passes wayne is going to have thrown his way. Crabtree has been a dissapointment, but could turn that around this year I guess. Welker is a great pick, might have picked him slightly high, but he gets a ton of catches which is good for you in a PPR league.

I really like both your QB's. Schaub in the 6th rd is great and freeman had an insane year last year and should be better this year.

On scale of 1-10 Id give you a 7, possibly 8, but then again you never know whats around the corner! good luck!
kjmiller127
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 52)

Postby Teampunjabi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Nice pickup on Gore. Not sure how he slipped to round 4 much less round 3. But hey youll take it eh? Not a fan of your WR's. Wayne down year I feel. Welker not a great fantasy WR to begin with I feel without PPR. Ford is a flyer. I like your Qbs alot. Good bargains.
Teampunjabi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby toobitter » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:36 pm

assuming you start 2 RB, 2 WR and a flex, i think you're in pretty good shape. if it's no flex or only 1 RB, then you're in fantastic shape.

not sure what the first guy's talking about. your rb's are very solid. obviously gore was a steal that late and forte and mccoy are arguably top 5 backs in PPR format. welker should have a much better season and is always better in PPR. wayne is probably the only pick i would question. while he should still produce, i've been trying to avoid him because of the sticky situation with peyton. i would imagine there may have been guys like austin, desean or mike williams that i would take over wayne.
either way, your RB are so solid that your wides should be fine.

if you are indeed only starting two of those backs weekly, you may want to look into dealing gore for a stud wide.

thanks for the help on mine.
toobitter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 10)

Postby mzkp54 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Yeah I think RB is actually your strength, especially PPR. I think you'll need some help at WR. Depending on your starting lineup if you are not starting one of those top 3 backs you should trade whoever is hottest at the beginning for the best possible WR and your team will be set. Overall I think you did a good job. Get a better #1 WR and I'll consider you playoff bound.

Lend a hand on mine?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=494897
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby Conrax » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:28 am

Your RBs are definitely your strength on this roster. So, if you start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex then you will be set particularly at RB and Flex. Solid QBs should serve you well.

Your WRs are the weakest group, with Peyton out Wayne should still get passes thrown his way but may not get as many with Peyton back spreading the ball around. Wes Welker is always good for PPR particularly since it currently seems that Chad Ochocinco hasn't looked really great in the preseason. Bess can be good for PPR but what limits him is the QB play. Crabtree has been a disappointment but he is probably still the best WR but again the QB situation is horrible for the 49ers so it limits his potential, you probably could have gotten other players better then him like Lance Moore, Robert Mecham, Floyd, or even Amendola (btw if Amendola is still on the waivers pick him up because he led the Rams in total receptions and lead the NFL tied with Fitzgerald in total red zone targets, in other words he is great for PPR particularly if the Rams continue to improve).

I like Graham as a sleeper but to spend a 7th round pick on him is bit high even if there was a run on TEs if you wanted you could have taken someone like probably Owen Daniels, Zach Miller, or Kellen Winslow and then come back and pick up Graham later as a backup or could have taken a better WR or RB. New England Defense should be interesting if they really are improved they could be really good or if they are about the same they could end being not so great because they do play the NFC East.

Overall rating I would give it a 7, not bad your RBs are going to carry you, your QBs should be fine, could have done better at WR particularly at depth, and could have done better at TE.
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:40 am

Thanks for your help. I start 2 RB 3 WR.
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby tracyjesq » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:43 am

If you start 3 WR, I think you should seriously consider dealing Gore for a stud receiver. You're going to be weak at WR3. Other than that, think you did great.

Help with mine please.
viewtopic.php?t=495035
tracyjesq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 16)

Postby nmadd » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:13 pm

tracyjesq wrote:If you start 3 WR, I think you should seriously consider dealing Gore for a stud receiver. You're going to be weak at WR3. Other than that, think you did great.

Help with mine please.
viewtopic.php?t=495035

Thanks for the comment on mine.

Have to agree with something like this. I'd want to trade an RB for a top WR if I need to start 3 every week.

But awesome job getting Gore in the 4th rd! 8-o
nmadd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby aelunyu » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:13 am

Gore in the 4th is awesome. Forte in the 2nd, I guess we'll see. Otherwise, pretty much Reggie Wayne is a big question mark, though I believe when Collins throws he'll be looking for Wayne. And it's not like he cant throw it. So you might be ok. With the receiving corps in NE, any of the TE's or Welker or even Branch or Ocho Cinco can score. It's just too thin.

Overall, I think solid team.
aelunyu
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Roster Ratings