Pick 2 RBs: Rice, F. Jones, Moreno, Hightower, or Tolbert - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Pick 2 RBs: Rice, F. Jones, Moreno, Hightower, or Tolbert

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick 2 RBs: Rice, F. Jones, Moreno, Hightower, or Tolbert

Postby Rams » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:27 pm

I'm in a 10 man standard league on nfl.com, you start 1 QB, 2 RBS, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 D, and 1 K. Scoring is pretty much the same except that QBs get 6 pts for a TD instead of 4.
My Team
QB: Tony Romo
RBs: Ray Rice, Felix Jones, Knowshon Moreno, Tim Hightower, and Mike Tolbert
WRs: Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Williams (TB), Santana Moss, Nate Burleson, Steve Smith (Car), and Malcolm Floyd
TE: Owen Daniels
D/ST: Atlanta Falcons
K: Rob Bironas

My question is that based on the matchups, which two RBs would you start: Ray Rice vs. PIT, Moreno vs. OAK, F.Jones vs. NYJ, Hightower vs. NYG, or Tolbert vs. MIN. I'm thinking of starting Ray Rice and Moreno. What do you guys think? Thanks
Say goodnight to the bad guy! The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you
Rams
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick 2 RBs: Rice, F. Jones, Moreno, Hightower, or Tolber

Postby lugmetric » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:34 pm

i'd go ray rice and tim hightower. the giants are a mess right now, and he's getting the goal line work, which moreno isn't. felix might get some nice work catching balls out of the backfield with the blitz-heavy jets, but i don't see him doing a lot of damage between the tackles on this one.
lugmetric
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheGhost » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:49 pm

lugmetric wrote:i'd go ray rice and tim hightower. the giants are a mess right now, and he's getting the goal line work, which moreno isn't. felix might get some nice work catching balls out of the backfield with the blitz-heavy jets, but i don't see him doing a lot of damage between the tackles on this one.

I don't mind the Hightower /Rice combo but I might go with Rice (never bench your studs) and Felix (even though he's against the Jets. Over the course of the season you'll want to settle on the two best guys and not rotate them all in and out all over the place.
TheGhost
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JamesonNeat » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Rice starts. No matter what. Unless he's injured and definitely out of the game.

I think the Jets D is going to be really good this season, but the Cowboys O is going to be really good too. On the other hand, the OAK D took a huge hit with the loss of Nnamdi and Moreno got 90 yds and 2 rec TDs in their first meeting last season. There's a lot of hype around Felix this year but I think Moreno is just as good when he's healthy. There's a lot of hype around Hightower too, but historically he hasn't been that good either. However, Torain and K. Williams put up decent numbers for WAS last year.

Although Hightower and Felix are rated higher by the "experts," I still think I'd go with Moreno on this one.
JamesonNeat
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ramble2 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:21 pm

I like Rice (easy) and Moreno. If you are feeling risk-averse, then go with Tolbert. He's got the lowest ceiling of your RB2s, but I'd peg him as most likely to bust one into the endzone.

Help with mine: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=494829
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sbanerj » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:13 pm

I like Rice and Moreno. Jets run defense was sick last year and I can't see it being much worse this year. The Raiders rush defense should be greatly weakened.
sbanerj
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby TaDa » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Well Rice is a no brainer. After that, Hightower. The Giants have been DECIMATED by injury are are keeping the defense together with duct tape. They'll be *rhymes with duct* against the run.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby CPTKIRK » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:28 pm

RICE RICE BABY AND F JONES WOULD BE MY PICK. BUT IM A NOOB HAT TYPES IN ALL CAPS
CPTKIRK
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby RedDevils36 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Ray Rice vs. PIT--> I always hear this from the experts--"Always start your studs." Rice is a 1st round RB1 guy. Play him!
Moreno vs. OAK--> This would be my next choice. I think Moreno will stand a better chance of performing than your other options. He is going to get the bulk of the carries.

F. Jones is going up against a strong Jets D.
Hightower needs to show me something first. I have him also and hope that he blows up. I'm still not starting him.
Tolbert will lost carries to Mathews.

Thanks for the help with mine!
RedDevils36
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby RedDevils36 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:36 pm

Ray Rice vs. PIT--> I always hear this from the experts--"Always start your studs." Rice is a 1st round RB1 guy. Play him!
Moreno vs. OAK--> This would be my next choice. I think Moreno will stand a better chance of performing than your other options. He is going to get the bulk of the carries.

F. Jones is going up against a strong Jets D.
Hightower needs to show me something first. I have him also and hope that he blows up. I'm still not starting him.
Tolbert will lost carries to Mathews.

Thanks for the help with mine!
RedDevils36
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench