RB/WR/Flex HELP!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

RB/WR/Flex HELP!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB/WR/Flex HELP!!!

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:08 am

PPR league with bonus points for 40+ yard plays, need to start 2 RB, 2 WR, and a Flex. McCoy and White are gimmies, but who would you start at the rest?

RB: McCoy, Best, Bush
WR: White, Wayne, Marshall, S. Moss

Leaning towards McCoy, Best, White, Wayne, and Marshall. Anyone worried about Wayne and Clark (both rostered on this team) ? I doubt I could get much for them as I'd be selling low, but should I be worried about these 2?

Also, in a standard league, Who would you go with for WR, need 2 out of Maclin, Dez, and Julio Jones?

Thanks!! and as always leave a link and I'll help
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB/WR/Flex HELP!!!

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:12 am

RB: McCoy and Best
WR: White and Wayne
Flex: Marshall

and the other league:
Maclin and Dez (have to go with him until Julio proves he can perform in the regular season)

And I would put Wayne on the block and see what you can get for him now while his value is still remotely high. If Peyton is out for the season I think it will hurt his value.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=494949
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:46 am

I think I have to start the 3 WR's, I think the question comes in at Bush vs Best. Neither one has a particularly good matchup, Bush is at home and Best is away.. All the projections I see have them both pretty similar in terms of points for this week. Anyone go with Bush over Best ??

I think selling on Wayne now will be a mistake, even if Peyton is out for the season, Collins isnt some rookie and he knows who his playmakers are. I'm less worried about Clark as TE's seem to be the QB safety blankets, Wayne on the other hand may not have as stellar of a season as he would if Peyton comes back in a few weeks time. I think Wayne will still be a good option week in and week out with Collins and a must start with Peyton.

other opinions?

again, leave a link and I'll help out
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:50 am

I like Best over Bush.
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Navyseal » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:35 am

If it merely comes down to either Bush or Best, I REALLY like what I am seeing from Reggie so far, he's clearly the guy until D.Thomas grows some sack and some heart, and he's a threat to catch a slant and outrun a Patriot secondary that are average tacklers in open space. Best starts on the road in Tampa against a D with something to prove... NE gave up plenty of yards on the ground last season if memory serves, and Bush is STILL a special talent imo, while Best is still a somewhat unknown commodity... Go with Bush until Best shows you that he can handle the load in DET, an offense that is looking to throw the rock this year --- A LOT imo.

GL! ;-D

*Big $$$ 10 tm, H2H Hyper-performance/Milestone keeper league:
QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-K-D/ST + several other options/*-starters
*Romo, Cassell
*AP,*Hillis, BGE,T.Jones, Gerhart
*Roddy,*Manningham,*Lloyd, S.Johnson, Knox, B.Gibson
*Hernandez
*Bryant (12 dome games!)
*Green Bay D/ST, DET D/ST
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Durango2009 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:25 am

RB: McCoy, Best
WR: White, Marshall
Flex: S. Moss

I am just not sure how Wayne will do without Manning.
Durango2009
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:22 am

If it merely comes down to either Bush or Best, I REALLY like what I am seeing from Reggie so far, he's clearly the guy until D.Thomas grows some sack and some heart, and he's a threat to catch a slant and outrun a Patriot secondary that are average tacklers in open space. Best starts on the road in Tampa against a D with something to prove... NE gave up plenty of yards on the ground last season if memory serves, and Bush is STILL a special talent imo, while Best is still a somewhat unknown commodity... Go with Bush until Best shows you that he can handle the load in DET, an offense that is looking to throw the rock this year --- A LOT imo.

GL!

not necessarily down to Bush or Best, I guess I could start all three backs and White and Marshall/Wayne.

I agree, I like what I've seen from Bush this preseason, but I think a lot of people have the 50+ point game from Best still fresh in their minds.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Navyseal » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:20 pm

I hear you prophecy. You simply CANNOT sit Wayne tho. Best's 50pt game was in like wk 1 or 2 last year, a LOOOONG time ago... Reggie is STILL a mismatch for 99% of NFL linebackers and Best is still a little dude, albeit with a nice burst... still like Reggie fwiw...
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:55 pm

That'd kinda what I was thinking, but most people seem to like best.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Navyseal » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Yes, most folks DO WANT to like Best, but he is still largely unproven at the NFL level and his durability is a big question mark (?) imo... I think the Pats are gonna stomp MIA, but the Fins will have their moments, call it "garbage-time" or whatever... Bush will get his 20+ touches and may be the ONLY bright spot against a NEP team with their eyes on one prize, another Lombardi trophy, and right now Miami is in their way... I think Reggie finds the endzone by the 4th Q, and may rack up 5-7 recepts along the way as Henne is forced to roll out and find reggie in that soft spot over the middle or along the edge, esp. on 3rd and long... double digits would be a nice bonus from Bush this wk, I think you'll agree...

As for BMarsh, I believe that Bess has the better nite actually, but neither will produce any fireworks outside of perhaps a "jumpball" TD that Marshall has been known to come down with occasionally, but Wayne is a MUST-START, he will be Collin's go-to guy along with Dallas Clark imo.

GL! ;-D
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench